He fell in love - not your average lovestory

He fell in love - not your average lovestory

A Story by Arthur Aadams
"

A depressed adolescent meets his faith in an unexpected way.

"

It has been eighteen months since Will moved in with his extremely scornful foster parents who owned a small disaster they claimed to be a house. The new, extreme left winged government had made a poorly designed orphan-’’safety’’ net to save money of whom Will had become victim. Two years ago from this dreadful day the heads of Will’s parents got pierced by five sharp, steel poles that fell off the military truck in front of them. Will saw and survived. The horror happened when the happy family was returning home from a sunny, joyful  vacation and now vivid memories haunted Will as he dreamt about how his loved ones heads mercilessly got pierced by cold steel. The boy felt as if he was in a prison with no walls.

Ever since Will moved to Lowbrow he had gone by many names. Weirdo, homo, f****t, b***h, little s**t, ugly, f**k face, queer, fils de pute, shithead, retard, go kill yourself and  parentless Will is what his cruel, almost psychopathic classmates and foster parents liked to call him for being depressed, dim, shy and unique. The only reason he hadn’t become estranged of his real name is because his wasteful teachers used Will to address him. This wasn’t the only thing the bullies did; they wrote and drew horrid concepts on the blackboard for everyone to see before Will entered the classroom, they abused Will by pushing him and sometimes spitting on him and if Will would get any money from his foster parents they would surely steal it. The bullies were ingenious in their ways, so ingenious that Will sometimes bursted releasing pouring rain from his eyes through which he painfully and calmly spoke. In these episodes he moaned perfectly logic statements on why the bullies were worth nothing, were stupid and should stop but the heartless apes replied with a simple

 ‘’Shut up f****t, we’re joking.’’

The bullies didn’t care when Will cried out that he didn’t think it was funny and beat him up for calmly stating why they were worth less than the s**t of an anorexic.

Now, eighteen months later, on a cold, silent, pitch black night Will found himself beaten up again by his drunk foster-father, covered in blood. Only this time Will was standing on a bridge, looking down into the calmness of the calling abyss he had craved for so long. He was looking down at something so beautiful, so liberating, empathic and caring he wanted to just look at it for a while. The idea of peace overwhelmed him and as Will spread his arms, closed his eyes and took a deep breath he let tension overrule himself. A tension that broke. Beautiful high notes flew through the air like calming wind, they filled the boys heart with warmth. The exquisite singing was louder than the calling abyss and Will for one moment forgot he wanted to take his life. He looked in the direction where the angelic singing was coming from. It stopped.

‘’You’re not planning on jumping are you?’’

A charming young girl in a white wedding dress had stopped three meters from Will. She wore an expensive diamond ring and carried a bouquet of beautiful white flowers. She had just gotten married. Will cautiously opened his mouth while thinking of what to say, he decided to speak the first words that came to mind.

‘’There is only one true philosophical question; and that is asking yourself whether life is worth living or not.’’ Will paused. ’’You tell me, would you want to live if you were ever so tired but can’t close your eyes? Would you want to live if love would be as unimaginable as a color that doesn’t exist?”

Will spoke and a single tear left a trail on his bloody cheek. The calming wind got replaced by a sharp, silent, dystopian pain that struck the pair like lightning. The girl looked down at her wedding ring and realized how bitter arranged marriage actually is. It’s a cruel lottery: your loved ones gamble your life away to the most powerful and rich candidate, regardless of your feelings, regardless of the personality of your husband. She loathes him with all her heart.

The girl slowly stepped towards Will and spread her arms for a hug. Will flinched automatically thinking she was going to hit him but the warm flesh of her neck reached his and all was good. The girl in white kissed Will.

 ‘’You can close your eyes now.’’

The girl spoke in an almost unsettling calm way as she leaned forward, making both of them fall into the abyss.

A stuttering sigh left Will’s mouth as his body filled with harmony, tranquility and soothing.
He fell in love.

© 2015 Arthur Aadams


Author's Note

Arthur Aadams
This is my first short story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was glad to see this story have a happy ending. I felt like with so much tragedy Will faced, it was bound to lead to a sad ending, but I enjoyed how love saved the day. You have some great expressions in this piece, like "Beautiful high notes flew through the air like calming wind." Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thank you and i will :)

About the ending, you can take in two ways (what i adore abou.. read more



Reviews

This is a very familiar story at the end. I've read it written in many different waqys so I wont focus on the end, which is always beautiful whether the character jumps or is saved. Instead, what about the beginning? If any of this is from personal experience which I am also familiar with I would urge you to really explore all the ugly ways this person has been abused. I was hoping for something I could latch on to in a personal way with the main character, like his situation at home. I think you're doing something here and I hope its not finished. Keep digging in!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for noting a point I can improve on. I never really had this type of tragidy in my.. read more
Joshua Carl Cruz

8 Years Ago

Yes sir. Agreed. Well said and hell, i hope, more words to follow!
Wow... Your first short story is amazing...
Felt so sad for Will though :(

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thanks!
But hey, we don't know if Will died right? Maybe things will be getting better for hi.. read more
Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

Ach.. even if things do get better nothing with erase his painful youth... poor Will...
Full of emotions.. heart touching... Loved the story overall especially the end!! #Thinkingmatters # keepwriting 👍

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate it :)
I was glad to see this story have a happy ending. I felt like with so much tragedy Will faced, it was bound to lead to a sad ending, but I enjoyed how love saved the day. You have some great expressions in this piece, like "Beautiful high notes flew through the air like calming wind." Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thank you and i will :)

About the ending, you can take in two ways (what i adore abou.. read more
Very good story. Loved reading it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

thank you :)
Lovely story, great work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Arthur Aadams

8 Years Ago

Thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

511 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2015
Last Updated on July 12, 2015
Tags: #love, #tragedy, #drama, #depression, #trigger, #orphan, #bullying, #fiction

Author

Arthur Aadams
Arthur Aadams

Bruges, Belgium



About
worldview: agnostic, nihilistic, buddhistic. interests: drama, love, tragedy, philosphy. hobbies: guitar, singing, drawing, writing (poems, songtexts, philosphical columns, short stories) Eng.. more..

Writing