What Anxiety is like

What Anxiety is like

A Story by Atosa

It’s dark. The room that is. If you can call it a room. I call it a concrete box, so small you can barely stretch your arms out. And then the walls start moving, closing in. And you see them getting closer and you feel them pressing against you. One wall is pressing against your chest and the other against your back and you  are surrounded, you are f*****g surrounded. And the seconds feel like hours and you know that this is it, soon the walls are going to crush you. You run out of air, you can’t breathe. It burns when you try and the walls are still pressing against you, closer, and closer, squeezing out the little life you might have had. You are suffocating. You want to move and you want to scream and you want to hit the walls with iron hands but you can’t. You can’t move your arms, or your legs. You feel numb. Panicked. You heart is racing, but everything else creeps along with bitter stillness. And then you think to yourself, dying would be better than this. 


© 2011 Atosa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought I was feeling sad, but you have made me realise how lucky I am to have never felt that low.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
1 Review
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011
Tags: anxiety, walls, depression, death, concrete, suffocating, panicked, numb

Author

Atosa
Atosa

Stockholm, Sweden



About
more..

Writing
A cry A cry

A Poem by Atosa


4th of April 4th of April

A Screenplay by Atosa