I Do

I Do

A Story by Auria

     Egyptian blue leaved tress arched over the meadow in the breeze as snowflakes fell from the sky. The chime of the wedding bells gave me chills as I stood in front of supportive family and friends. For the first time everything stood still. Today I was getting married and unlike most I didn't get cold feet. Unlike anything else in what I called my life, nothing had ever felt so right.


     Everyone assumed their positions and our song began to play. My best man smiled at me as I at him.


“This is the end of your life bud…” He whispered.


“More like the beginning.” I reassured him with a smirk.


     As I looked down the aisle, a look of worry crept over my face.  Our song had been playing for a minute now and she hadn't walked down the aisle. I could see her maid of honors frantically moving in the background. A few of the audience members in the far back turned around to see the commotion that was taking place. My best man turned to look at me with a bit of confusion.


“I’m sure it’s nothing…”


“I hope…”


     Butterflies began to grow in my stomach and I started to feel sick. I turned to the crowd to find my parents faces for a look of reassurance but they weren't there. Why weren't they there?


“Nick, have you seen my parents?”


     He scanned the crowd.


“They were here just a few minutes ago…”


“That’s what I-”


     The whole crowd gasped.


“Zahra…” I called out in bewilderment.


      My bride to-be walked down the aisle in a ghastly manner with a cryptic expression on her face. That beautiful wedding gown she wore so nicely was drenched from head to toe in what seemed like blood. Many of the elders in the crowd passed out and the young wept in fear.


“A-Alex…” Nick called.


“What…?”


“H-her hands…your parents…” He stuttered as he gagged.


     My parents. The heads of my parents lay in her hands. I dropped to my knees. My chest felt tight and I couldn't breathe.


“Zahra…why?”


     She looked at me with indifference.


“It’s simply. I needed to diminish a few obstacles…”


“Those were my parents…”


“And they were obstacles...”


      She dropped their heads as she came towards me.


“The wedding must go on Alex…”


     I looked at her in disgust.


“Like hell it will!”


“To have and to hold…”


     She took my hands in hers and looked me deeply in the eyes.


“For better or worse…” She taunted as she broke my pinkie.


     I yelled out in pain. Many in the crowd yelled at her to stop.


“For richer or poor…” She said as he broke my ring finger.


“Please, stop!” I yelled out in pain.


“In sickness and in health…”


     This time she stabbed me in the left eye with a pocket knife she swiftly took out from under her gown. I fell over backwards as I grabbed my eye and groaned.


      A second later I heard a gunshot and she toppled over me lifelessly. Nick ran over to me and moved frantically over my body and said things but I couldn't hear him.


“Until death do us part…” I finished as a tear rolled down my good eye.


      Nick paused his doings and kneeled still over me. He held my hand and looked at me with sadness. A black void closed in on my vision as I laid there.


“ ‘Til death do us part…” I repeated faintly.


“Alex, stay with me! Alex!”


      Soon after I couldn't hear him anymore, I was gone.


‘This is the end of your life bud…’


Too bad you were right.

© 2013 Auria


Author's Note

Auria
A wedding with a not so happy ending.

~A

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

THis is great stuff. I think you wrote it before it ws ready to be written, but still a good story.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013

Author

Auria
Auria

About
Hi, I'm Auria. I'm a 15 year old teen who finds peace in writing. I've noticed that my pieces are fragments of ideas or thoughts that happen to make way into my mind. I never really write about how.. more..

Writing
The Unwanted The Unwanted

A Story by Auria