Stuck In The Dark

Stuck In The Dark

A Story by Noah Wayverlynn

For those of you who didn't know about the power outage that happened on Sunday night at some places in Fargo, I am going to tell you about my experience. It was my second night staying at a town home that my mom, brother's, and someone else are moving into. For the sake of the story, I am to call my mom's friend Jay D. The night started off very well and calm, but it all changed when we were all heading to bed. My phone was dead, so I had to go up stairs to charge it. I think that my mom was putting my baby brother, Isaiah, to bed. I believe that Jay D was on his way up the stairs to help mom. I was in my room laying on my bed, and using my phone as I was charging it. A few minutes after I shut my bedroom door, the power went out. I didn't know that at first, and I thought that my charger wasn't working. When I opened my door to ask my mom about why my charger wasn't working, she told me that the power was out. In my head, I was so mad because my phone was only around 25% at the time. As soon as I found that out, I kept my door open and crawled into bed. My mom came in for my phone later, and at first I was wondering why she needed my phone. She told me she was going to charge it in the van for me, so It could at least have some battery life until the power was back. I agreed, but I went downstairs a few minutes after she left my room because I couldn't really sleep without music. It turns out that Isaiah and Jay D were downstairs too because of the situation, and I decided to hang with them for a while. Before mom went to charge my phone, she pulled up Finding Dory for Isaiah to watch on her tablet since it had a little bit of battery life. I started sketching in my sketch book, but then I decided that I wanted to play on my laptop. I thought that my laptop would have enough battery life to get me through my situation, but I was wrong. It died when I was in the middle of a game on Supercars Racing. Once I got back downstairs from putting that away, the power came on for a few seconds until it went out again. It was supposed to be on around 11:00, but then they said it wasn't supposed to be on until midnight. I hung out in the living room a little more, but then finally went up to my room around 11:30. When I was sitting downstairs for a little longer, I was like "F**k this. I'm so tired, and there is now way in h**l I'm staying up until power comes back on. I'm not going to put up with this." and I went to bed. Mom came back in, and gave me my phone before I went upstairs. I was so happy that I could finally sleep with my music on. I just hope we don't have another power situation like this for a while. I worked that night, and I was tired out. I am so happy that the power came back so I could charge my phone for the next day. 

© 2017 Noah Wayverlynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant. As an older person who can remember the time before phones your story is very funny as its like the end of the world is nigh. It might also read as a tongue in cheek satire on our present day.
Well done Noah. Dont forget - keep it charged!
Regards, alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Brilliant. As an older person who can remember the time before phones your story is very funny as its like the end of the world is nigh. It might also read as a tongue in cheek satire on our present day.
Well done Noah. Dont forget - keep it charged!
Regards, alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2017
Last Updated on December 22, 2017

Author

Noah Wayverlynn
Noah Wayverlynn

West Fargo, ND



About
Yo! It's Noah here! I love to write stories, poetry, songs, and more! I am gender fluid and visually impaired. hope you enjoy the writing! more..

Writing