Tango

Tango

A Story by Dezaraye
"

A 2:30 AM writing frenzy.

"

            Electricity flows between my gaze and yours.  I can feel your chest rise and fall in tune with mine and I fight to keep my breath even, not betraying the emotions near the surface.  The weight of your hand in mine and mine in yours captures my every thought and my mind picks out every detail.  The way your hand encompasses mine, my fingers lightly against your palm as if they were carved to fit there.  Again, I look into your eyes and my breath catches in my throat.  I can no longer conceal the passion.

            A beat, and then another and we start to move.  I can feel my dress brushing my legs and hear the click of my heels against the overly polished hardwood floors.  I deepen my breath and feel the music move into me, urging me forward, urging me to you.  The heat of your touch glides down my arm and then up again, the intensity of your gaze consumes me, and my body is too close to yours.

            Your hand suddenly at the small of my back guides me impossibly closer, but at once I am far away, spinning and my eyes leave yours only once for a split second.  I feel the current flow through me again as our gazes reconnect; a relief after the emptiness the break left me with.  I lean into you and feel your muscles tighten as you support my weight.  Effortlessly you hold us both, suspended in time for a moment and the strains of the music support us as we lean further and further into it.

            My feet move quickly, mirroring the movements of yours, my dress drifting out around us both, creating a cloud of desire.  You push me away and my heart breaks at the barren chill, but you heal it again as you pull me close.  My hand is again in yours, my body is pressed tightly to you; a perfect fit.  Your eyes delve into mine.  Just when I think I can no longer contain the passion bubbling inside of me, your face moves closer.  Slowly, ever so slowly.  The music pauses and thoughts of your lips against mine fill my mind and I lift my face to accommodate your height and you lower yours.  We are so close, I can feel your warm breath mingling with mine, feel your eyes piercing my soul, feel the intensity of your touch warming me.  And inside I am exploding.

            A beat and then another and we move again.  My lips tingle at the lack of your touch and I am hungry for your kiss.  Disappointment mixes with the music and slows me down, I feel as if I cannot go forward, and I know you feel the same, but a forbidden love cannot be.

            At once I am in the air, my feet lifted from the ground and wrapped around you.  Your hands move up my torso and set me on fire and I let a gasp escape when the intensity in your eyes deepens.  Again, our faces so close kissing seems inevitable and I dare not get my hopes up because I know you will spin me away.

            And away I go, again our gazes break, again I am filled with a chill and this time the reconnect loses its fire.  Our dance becomes wistful and full of longing.  The strains of the music can no longer support us and our feet move quickly to fill in the void.  Faster and faster, my breath is becoming sharp, and I cannot keep moving.

            Until, the music slows again, you pull me to you, my hand lost inside of yours, my feet tangled around yours, and your eyes overwhelming my senses.  I give myself to you and you give yourself to me, we give ourselves to the music.  A final spin, but it’s together, and we come to a stop.  One of your hands is against my cheek, the other at my back, your eyes full of fire, and your breath caressing my lips.  My body is pressed to yours and I can feel your chest heaving and know you can feel mine.  At last your gaze becomes too strong, my senses overpowered, the places you are touching me too hot and my head finds its way to your shoulder at the exact moment the last note rings out.  The music shimmers in the air and we become still.  The magic of a forbidden love hangs around us and fills me with despair.

            Our few moments together come to a halt as we break apart.  The electricity of our gaze goes out, the passion in our touch flees, and back to the earth we come crashing.

© 2008 Dezaraye


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is incredible. I am a lover of music - a frustrated rock star if you will - but I also love the dance....(have to love it from a distance cuz I am rythm impaired) but this piece so wonderfully combines those passions into one breathtaking work. A truly inspired piece of writing. The tango is a dance of passion...of fire and you described it completely.
Way to go!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was so caught up in your words I felt myself crashing back down to the earth again at the end! Damn girl you have a way with words. I wonder why it's a forbidden love or if it's just mirroring the true meaning of the tango... always so close but never quite there. I love music and I love the passion of dancing and you combined my two favorite things in this piece and made it an amazing experience. Great write, this is so going in my favorites!


Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

you have captured all the movement and passion of the Tango perfectly here! I love how you add the forbidden love into this...and the feeling of emptiness as you move away, then closer again. How the passion fades as the dance ends. excellent , wonderful write.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Consistently smooth and appealing...always including the reader in the moment, movements and let down..


Excellent use of the unfinished urge and helplessness is brought into the smashing conclusion.


Very impressive! Thanks for the submission.

FG

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a buzz..... A really great write. *Captain spins and swirls* Wonderfully written!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, now that's a dance to remember! This is so wispy and musical, loved it! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sensitive, fast paced, rythmic dance flowing and exploding with pasionate feelings. Ocean waves, rising and falling with torent and tempo filled vibrations. "Few moments together - - as we break apart - -and back to earth we come crashing. Thrills and chills - - Oh, I'm back, again! TomG







































Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow..
That came from little twenty year old you ? Omigod, that was an increible dance we did. lol You are a brilliant writer, only someont with extreme talent could pull that off. The Tango is one of the most erotic dances ever created, and you took us with you. What a lucky man. I am breathless, and you are a breath taking writer. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I want to Tango NOW!!!!! What a wonderful observation piece this is Dezaraye, you haven't missed a beat or one bat of an eyelid girl...Phew, what a ride you've treated us to, but in the end it's just the Tango! How sad to end this without some heat resonating, it cooled all too quickly...I've never understood how the heat of the Tango simply switches off like a lampshade!
Great write, extreme passion for the dance and the reader...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

OMG - Whew!

Electric writing indeed. I FELT the power of the dance - this is amazing.

Excellent job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

your talent really shows here... great details flow through this that i can picture the whole story as a musical journey in my head...

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1324 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Dezaraye
Dezaraye

About
"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll br.. more..

Writing
Haunted Haunted

A Story by Dezaraye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..