Stronger Than Cancer

Stronger Than Cancer

A Poem by Breanna Berry
"

This is a poem I put together for one of my good friends, who just discovered that her baby has cancer. Broken by the news, I decided to make her a card with this inscription... thanks for reading

"
Engulfed with fear, invisibly shaken...
This monster consuming my baby has my heart breaking.

It has no claws or razor sharp teeth,
Only tiny cells attempting to make her weak.

The smell of the hospital becomes our everyday aroma,
As I begin to despise this monster they call "Neuroblastoma."

Her little body, so small and so fragile....
Sometimes this feels as if it's too much to handle.

Day by day, night by night,
I pray for God to save her life.

He answers my prayers as every day her vitals become a little brighter,
But that's also her way of saying, "I'm not giving up now, mommy. I'm a fighter!"

Her courage gives me unbelievable strength,
She's mommy's precious warrior... my little heaven sent.

As the night winds down and I prepare for bed,
I run my fingers through her hair, still on her pretty little head.

I continue to pray as my faith grows stronger,
And I lean in to whisper something in her ear, as I hold onto her hand a little longer.

"We're not going to give up. Not now, not later or ever...
We're going to beat this cancer, my angel... right now and forever!"

© 2018 Breanna Berry


Author's Note

Breanna Berry
Hope you enjoy! All reviews are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It sucks when you write something awesome based off a severely personal tragedy.

But I truly believe facing whatever tragedy presents itself head on is the best way of coping... and the only way to avoid stagnation or self destruction in the aftermath.

It's not very easy to write about that s**t and you did it well. I wish you the best.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so, so much! I really appreciate your feedback! :)



Reviews

Oh so heart wrenching but faith and prayer can move mountains along with the power of the mind- never give up hope..such a nice gesture of yours🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so very much! :)
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

My pleasure🌹
I struggle with Anxiety and depression. It sucks sometimes but the cure that I've found is to write! It's the most joyful thing that I do. I know what your going through because I too, have been in the same spot. I just wanted to let you know that whatever you go through... just write! It will take away those pains and hardships. I would also like to say that you have real potential in your writing and I am Genuinely surprised how amazing your writing style is! It was fantastic and I just wanted to let you know that you could even one day be a published author/writer if you wanted to! Keep smiling, keep writing, and most importantly. be you! You have a talent and this is a talent that all people should see and read!
I have a story here about my best friend who had cancer, you don't have to read it if you don't want to, but I felt like I could relate to a lot of this. It was beautiful!

Your friend,

C. Lee Battaglia

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/chasebattaglia/1445363/

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Oh wow, thank you so very much for this! I really do appreciate the kind and encouraging comments! I.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome! And I really appreciate it! Thank you!
It sucks when you write something awesome based off a severely personal tragedy.

But I truly believe facing whatever tragedy presents itself head on is the best way of coping... and the only way to avoid stagnation or self destruction in the aftermath.

It's not very easy to write about that s**t and you did it well. I wish you the best.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so, so much! I really appreciate your feedback! :)
wow. this is gripping. doesn't tug at heartstrings, it tears at them. so real and emotional. prayers ...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it! Thanks so much for the prayers as well!
Very sweet heart felt poem. Very well written. There was such a heart gripping feeling associated with these words.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breanna Berry

6 Years Ago

Thanks, babe. I appreciate the kind remarks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2018
Last Updated on February 14, 2018
Tags: Sad, uplifting, disease, illness

Author

Breanna Berry
Breanna Berry

Red Bay, AL



About
Hey guys! My name is Breanna and I'm 25 years old. I have been writing since I was in high school, but mostly drafts that I always end up throwing away lol. But anyway, I hope you all enjoy whatever I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Falling Apart Falling Apart

A Poem by Zoya


Spiders Spiders

A Poem by Anise