He just wanted to be

He just wanted to be

A Poem by Blank_fortunes

With her He was well grounded
She solidified his state, but brought liquid to his eyes with the decisions that she made.
To be with her made him liquid He noticed but ignored her every mistake.
Her seeming attempt to boil every bit of his being by cycling through the problems she welcomed with open arms.
He hoped it was just a phase.
Exasperated by the ups and downs evaporation, transpiration, precipitation, over and over again.
She brought him back to earth as fast and as hard as she could but, Loving her was his only escape.
Now that Loving her was killing him, He stopped counting her mistakes but still pretended not to notice them.
All the while He kept a Convincing smile on his face.
It left him in an awkward space somewhere between him being well grounded in his core beliefs.
That being that Love is Respect, Honor, and cherishing your partner while maintaining your integrity and together you'll be able to make it through anything.
But then she left him.
Not understand able to conceive how not to need her heat, he grew cold and miserable and before he knew it...
He no longer cared about the stars under his feet, 
They used to be budding flowers 
They used to be steady streams.
Now they were just balls of gas burning around this cold place we still refer to as He.

© 2015 Blank_fortunes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"That being that Love is Respect, Honor, and cherishing your partner while maintaining your integrity and together you'll be able to make it through anything.
And then she left him. " Aww very powerful and touching piece. I can't imagine the emotion that inspired this. I can't only relate to this as if it were a death. That is how I would see it, if some one I truly loved has just left. I think seeing it that way for me, is the only way I could cope. Hope you find peace and love again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

9 Years Ago

Thank you, In someways Losing Love and death are so similar in the feel.



Reviews

Ooo, this is deep. I enjoy the way I can picture him standing there, in the face of the onslaught of her behavior and his own emotions. Good write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Blank_fortunes

8 Years Ago

Once again I appreciate it. I try to take my readers on a journey every time.
Blank_fortunes

8 Years Ago

as far as visuals go Pink mountains is one of my favorites
Let me just say I love the reviews and where they are taking me visually. 1 am my time but I feel like writing more now. I never want any of you to feel locked in to how i see it I just love hearing where your hearts take you. I just want to say thank you all for taking me on this ride with you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


"Now they were just balls of gas burning around this cold place we still refer to as He." I don't know why this line is sticking out to me probably because it's so beautiful. It sounds as though God has lost his creations, his true love, he burning planets. Personally I'm not religious but this makes me think. The love "she" is earth slowly destroying itself until nothing is left. whether or not this is nothing close to the inspiration it still will remain with me. Very beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this poem - it feels authentic and you convey the nature of relationship well.
Keep sitting with it - tiny bit of editing maybe later when its not so close to you will make it truely truely magnificent - Thanks for sharing this!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Blank_fortunes

9 Years Ago

thank you.
"That being that Love is Respect, Honor, and cherishing your partner while maintaining your integrity and together you'll be able to make it through anything.
And then she left him. " Aww very powerful and touching piece. I can't imagine the emotion that inspired this. I can't only relate to this as if it were a death. That is how I would see it, if some one I truly loved has just left. I think seeing it that way for me, is the only way I could cope. Hope you find peace and love again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

9 Years Ago

Thank you, In someways Losing Love and death are so similar in the feel.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on December 5, 2015

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes