The Pretty Girl Around The Corner

The Pretty Girl Around The Corner

A Story by Bobby
"

Its a short love story from the past

"
The Girl Around The Corner


She was the girl I saw from afar, the one with the sparkling blue eyes, who's smile could light up the world. The pretty girl who sat around the corner, the girl I had seen but did not notice.

I remember the first conversation we had ever had alone, we talked about what she was like when she was younger and how crazy she was in her party days. I remember wanting to get to know her better so I would ask her questions that got her to open up to me, questions that made me see her for her and not just the pretty girl who sat around the corner. I remember staying back after one of my meetings because she was working in the room and any chance I got to spend time with her I took. I remember never being able to look her in the eye's for to long, 3 seconds was fine but any longer and I would look away. I knew that if I was to look into her eye's for to long, I would fall in love with her instantly. 
I remember the feeling I got when I first spotted her in the clubs the second time we went out. I was so nervous, I had butterfly's in my stomach and a lump in my throat. The music slowly faded away and silence filled the room as she turned to look at me. We were in a room filled with people, but when I looked at her I felt as if the room was empty, everyone had vanished and we were the only ones standing there. It felt as if no one else existed, as if we were the only two people in this world that mattered. And from that moment on, I no longer looked at her as the pretty girl who sat around the corner but as the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen.

We went out one more time after that, it would have being the third Friday that we had gone out together and the first time that our lips would touch. We had spent the night flirting and drinking in a bar with a few work friends, I could feel the tension between us and felt it even more by the time we had left. We ended the night off by walking around the city in the early hours of the morning, enjoying each other's company. We had stopped at a bus stop and sat there for a few more hours. We barley spoke, we didn't need too. We could feel the connection between us, we could feel the tension rise as we sat there cuddling. I had cuddled her the whole way to keep her warm, and had rubbed my hand against her arm for body warmth. I guess you could say I was making the first move. 

Friday nights seemed to be a favorite for us, it was the night we shared our first connection, the night we shared our first kiss and the night she had told me she loved me for the first time. It was just after 9 I had gotten to her house at 8:30, with my pockets filled with two letters and one present. One letter explained the purpose and the meaning of the present, the purpose being that no matter how far two people may go, or where their paths of life may take them they would always end up back together because of their strong connection. The second letter explained my undying love for her. It told her of all the obstacles that I would go through just to be with her, even if it was just for a second. I watched tears drip down her face as she read the letter. The stars were shinning and silence had filled the air. She would take breaks in between each  sentence that always ended with a deep breathe in before she started to read again.

We had spent every day from the first Friday that our lips had touched, to the last day that I would see her in secrecy. We worked together, which meant that I would see her from Monday to Friday, for 8 hours of each of those days. You would think that 8 hours of the day would be enough to fill our hunger for each other, but it wasn't. We would spend every break together, we would spend most of the day texting each other and some nights we even stayed up till 3 in the morning talking on the phone. We would sneak away from everyone so that we could share a kiss or two. We missed each other even when we were together and we fell for each other more and more every day. We spent one whole month getting to know each other and spent one whole month secretly falling in love with each other. That month that we had spent together means more to me than any of the years that I had shared with others. 

But as the month ended, so did we. It was time for me to say goodbye. We had spent one month falling head over heels for each other, 5 nights of sharing some of the most amazing and intensive moments together and had 1 date that started out bad but surprisingly ended better than I could have ever imagined. That month, 5 nights and 1 date made saying goodbye to her harder than I thought it would be. Saying goodbye to her was and still is one of the hardest things I have ever done.  It wasn't the one month that we had shared together that made it hard to say goodbye, it was the amount of love that we had given each other. The love was so strong that even in my finale moments with her I still had hope, that one day the universe would reunite us. I believed in the present I had given her and believed in the power of love. I believed that time and distance could not keep us apart, that one day she would come back, whether it be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or even in the next life. I had and I do still have hope, I have hope that one day, I will get a glimpse of a pretty girl who will turn to me, look me in the eyes and make me realize that she is the woman that I had fallen madly and utterly in love with, the woman that I continue to love even till this day. 

She is my moon, my star and my sun. 

© 2017 Bobby


Author's Note

Bobby
ignore grammar problems for now please I just want to know your thoughts and opinions on the story and would like some feedback please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 8, 2017
Last Updated on February 8, 2017
Tags: love, forbidden love, secret love, hope, faith

Author

Bobby
Bobby

Perth, Perth, Australia



About
Young realist using writing as a way to express myself & to let my creativity flow. First time writing, I'm not that good ahah I just like being able to write. I feel free and at ease when I write.. more..

Writing
Lost Love Lost Love

A Poem by Bobby


Controlled Controlled

A Story by Bobby