New Door

New Door

A Story by Boogabaah
"

A door appears where before there was not one

"

   “I didn’t want to get up but the alarm was blaring in my ear, so I hit it with my hand until it stopped and fell off the side table. I showered and got dressed for the day. Breakfast was the same thing I always have, waffles and coffee.”

   “Go on. When did you notice the door?”

   “I was leaving the apartment and struggling to get into my raincoat when I noticed it.” Chills ran down my spine as I stood in my doorway talking to the police officer. He was still looking at me like I was insane. I didn’t know what else to do so I called the police and they sent out this rookie.

  “And you say it wasn’t there yesterday? Are you sure someone isn’t trying to prank you? What’s on the other side?” He held his notepad in his right hand and a pen in his left, ready to take notes.

  “No one is trying to prank me! It’s a door. Touch it. I tried the handle but it’s locked and on the other side is a seven-story drop straight down to the street.” I pointed to the door on the opposite wall of the room between two windows.

  “You tried to open it?” He asked.

  “I just wanted to know if it was locked or not. It must lock from the other side.”

  “Was this chair always there?” He motioned to the chair I had propped against the handle to keep it from opening.

   “I didn’t want someone coming in. I heard something, someone on the other side.” I could see the officer’s eyes widen with interest as he raised his eyebrows.

  “You heard something? What exactly did you hear?” I didn’t need to answer. A loud scream came from the other side of the door then a series of banging noises, like pots and pans being dropped. “Open the door! This is the police!” He shouted and shoved me aside. The sounds on the other side stopped. “Unlock and open this door or I will be forced to break it down.” He looked at me for reassurance maybe because he was a scrawny man, I wasn’t even sure how he got onto the police force.

  The lock clicked and the door hit the chair, stopping it from opening more than an inch. I looked at the cop and he looked at me as he fumbled with this belt to loosen his taser. My phone began to ring in my pocket.

   “Shut that thing up!” The officer barked at me. It was work calling, probably to ask why I was late again.

   “Sorry, sorry. It’s my job calling.” I hit the decline button and it stopped making noise. I switched it to silent mode.

   The door closed then flew open pushed the chair out of the way. Beyond it should have been nothing but sky, instead it was an empty laboratory that looked like it had been in an earthquake. Equipment was all over the floor, broken or spilling its contents. Smoke and fire filled the room from the laboratory. The officer and I began to cough. He poked his head into the mysterious lab.

   “Hello? Is there anyone here?” He held his taser up like it was a gun, ready to use at a moment’s notice. More sounds of things crashing and breaking came from further inside the lab.

  “I’m not going in there. That’s not right. Something’s not right.” I panicked. Just then a bolt of light flashed and my alarm clock was beeping at me again.

  I rolled over in bed and smack the clock until it shut up. My phone made a noise too. It was work calling.

   “Hello?”

  “You’re late. Are you coming in today or what?”

  “Give me 20 minutes. I’ll be there.” I jumped out of bed and put on a dirty part of pants and a shirt from the closet. No time for breakfast. I opened my door then stopped. Was that a dream I just had? I turned around to see the chair lying on the floor and suddenly felt a wave of nausea from the bottom of my stomach. I couldn’t stop myself and feel to my knees and vomited black goo all over my hardwood floors.

   My head was killing me as I opened my eyes. My face was covered in the black goo vomit as I laid there and watched the door reappear in my apartment. It opened and three human-like beings surrounded me, speaking a language I could not understand.

   Three days later I woke up in this forest, naked, cold, bruised and unable to remember anything until I met the police officer that had come to my apartment. He was also unable to recall the last three days and had a similar experience of vomiting black goo then passing out.

  The two of us waited, alone, in a secret hospital corridor under the military base we were taken too.

  “What are they going to do with us? I just want to go home,” the office had been crying and was still shaking.

   “I have no idea what’s going on.”

  A door suddenly appeared. It opened and three beings exited. This time I could understand them. The officer’s face changed from scared to happy the moment he saw the beings.

   “Come with us if you want answers,” they seemed to speak at the same time without moving their mouths. The officer jumped off the hospital bed and ran to their arms and disappeared into a cloud of nothing the instant they embraced him.

  “I… I… No! No! I want things to go back to normal!” BEEP! BEEP BEEP! My alarm clock woke me from my sleep. I laid there on my bed, covered in sweat. “What the f**k is going on?” Someone was knocking on my door so I threw on my robe and went to answer it but there was a problem. The door was gone and the only other door was the one that should not be.

  I opened it slowly. A short being stood there smiling at me.

  “No use fighting it. You’re dead. Let me take you to the next dimension.” She reached her hand out and I took it in mine. She leads me through the door and it closed then disappeared.

  “Dead? I’m not dead. I’m losing my mind.”

  The being sighed, “That is what they all think.” She leads me through the lab and outside into a dense forest. “This is home now. Go. Be reborn and free.” Before I could argue, I noticed my body had changed, no longer was I walking on two legs but now I was on all fours, with cloven hooved feet!

  A herd of deer was slowly moving as they grazed through the forest. I jumped and walked towards them. I felt like I knew them and they knew me. We walked away from the lab and deep into the forest. I was at home now.

© 2017 Boogabaah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story really)
Good luck with it :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 15, 2017
Last Updated on November 15, 2017

Author

Boogabaah
Boogabaah

CA



About
Human that enjoys life here on Earth more..

Writing
Metal Object Metal Object

A Story by Boogabaah