Depth Of Danger Chapter 1

Depth Of Danger Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mark Witterick

 

The Depth Of Danger

 

 

Chapter 1:

 

“Are you sure that those were healthy Richard?” The question was posed by Samantha not that she would answer to that, to everyone she was just Sam. “Yeah positive! Once when I was out on a trek I survived off only those for a week!” Richard boasted boisterously. Well what choice had she had she needed food and that’s all that was around, so she had eaten it. “Theresa? You okay?” Alice asked concerned for she had gone tremendously pale. “I-I-I’m fin-” She never finished the sentence but dropped to the floor frothing at the mouth red foam oozing from her mouth.

“Oh my god!” screamed Alice and Sam in unison. Alice dropped to the floor tears flowing freely from her eyes a forlorn look in her eyes. She reacted as such for Theresa, desperate for her touch. She was her first love and they had plans to move in together soon, as they were just about to start university. Needless to say, those plans were now firmly null and void.

 

First, I must explain how this situation came to transpire.

 

Five weeks before I had been sat in my room, nothing unusual there, but this was no ordinary day. The arrival of a certain email had changed everything. Ping! I had opened it expecting nothing but spam, however the contents where beyond any expectation I could have ever formed.

 

'Friends,

I present to you an opportunity, a gift and one last memory.

Now over the past few years I have been closer to some of you than others, but I extend my hand none the less. On July 18th, I wish to meet with you all one last time. Why? Well I have arranged a big adventure in the Fetling Forest. One week of freedom to look back over the memories we have made and to explore new horizons. You can’t turn that down, can you? I expect replies soon and will see you all on the 18th at 8am.

Until then, be well.

Hamilton

P.S Transport will arrive at your residences at 7:30am be prepared.'

 

 

Immediately after my phone began ringing. It was Richard. “Dude! What is this?” Was his greeting, the same usual loud racket through the speaker. “I’ll assume you are referring to the email from Hamilton there?” I responded.

“What else man? You going? I will teach you all the ways of the woods.” I shook my head as I sat alone. Typical behaviour of Richard, no matter what the subject he knew all about it and had loads of experience with it. “Yeah, I will be there, I am the only one who Hamilton spoke to often. He is too obnoxious for anyone else to spend prolonged periods of time with him. But you know me when have I ever cared.” It took a few seconds before Richard formulated a reply unusual for him his mouth runs faster than his brain ever could. “Dude, you are a special kind of different. I don’t know how you do what you do. You think the girls will be there?” I took a moment and closed my eyes thinking about sweet Alicia. So, breathtakingly beautiful. Sweet as summers soft embrace, unfortunately I was not one to take her attention she had other preferences. Theresa is the girl who holds her heart. They are like Greek goddesses, the same long wavy brown hair and deep blue eyes, shimmering whirlpools dragging in unsuspecting observers. However, I would never begrudge them their happiness.

 

My life bumbles on along regardless of others.

 

“I don’t know Rich. Maybe. I’ll call you later, I’m about to hang out with Sam. Some other film she loves and I haven’t seen, which to her is a mortal sin apparently.” I heard laughter from Richard booming in the background before he spoke once more “Dude you two need to just admit it. You are both perfect for each other, just hook up already!” I sighed deeply and considered my words carefully, I hate a cliché. “The dynamic between us is of friendship. Nothing more intimate or romantic. I have mentioned this multiple times to you now. So, I will talk to you later.” I heard a beep as I put the phone down. “Well what to do for the next two hours till Sam comes knocking?” I thought to myself.  

 

 



© 2017 Mark Witterick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2017


Author

Mark Witterick
Mark Witterick

United Kingdom



About
I am a person I believe. I make stuff. I like feedback. more..

Writing