28 Things You Must Do Before You Die

28 Things You Must Do Before You Die

A Poem by Brett Hernan




28 Things You Must Do Before You Die


  1. Play a game of chess where pawn takes king.

  2. Climb a mountain.

  3. Swim naked.

  4. Invent a word.

  5. Write a song.

  6. Eat a piece of fruit whilst it is still growing on the tree.

  7. Write a letter explaining, in all honesty, how you feel and mail it to someone randomly chosen from the phone book of a country that you do not live in.

  8. Bury a treasure. (Not necessarily,‘treasure’).

  9. Examine a single grain of sand on the tip of your finger.

  10. Sit and do nothing at all except watch the hands of a clock pass exactly one hour.

  11. Lie on your back on the ground and watch the clouds change shape.

  12. Write a list detailing every year you have lived, the addresses you lived at and the people you shared those places with.

  13. Actively seek out a haunted place and see a ghost.

  14. Write the name of someone you once were in love with on a stone and drop it into the sea, (or river or lake etc.)

  15. Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day.

  16. Put money in someone else’s parking meter.

  17. Pour glue into the coin slot of a slot machine.

  18. Learn the word for ‘love’ in at least six languages.

  19. Do not speak for twenty-four hours.

  20. Compile a list of everything you ever wanted to be when you were a child.

  21. Stay inside all day when it is raining outside and switch the lights on and off.

  22. Think of a story for a movie and send it, in no matter how basic a form it is, to Hollywood.

  23. Pick out a random stranger on the street and follow them all day.

  24. Shake a can of fizzy drink for hours and then open it. (Wear a raincoat, preferably outside).

  25. Ask your mother or father exactly how and when they met for the first time.

  26. Turn day into night by staying up all night and going to sleep at dawn.

  27. Send $5.00 to a stranger in a country where that represents a month’s pay.

  28. Shave your head.

© 2017 Brett Hernan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on August 20, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2017
Tags: before you die, coca cola, mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, rolls royce, jaguar, porsche, mgm, 20thcentury fox, kurt cobain, james dean, kardashian, twinkies, chocolate

Author

Brett Hernan
Brett Hernan

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia



About
Low-resolution sample only. Born 1968. All of the images accompanying each of these written works are my own. (Except that one of the guy putting a flower into a soldier's rifle barrel!) more..

Writing