His Hands and My Hands

His Hands and My Hands

A Story by BrynnaW.

     The huge, rough, but powerful hands belong to Him. The things He creates are made by those hands. My hands are held in His hands. I inspect the beauty and creations marked in the ridges and cracks. His hands hold my head to His shoulder, where I can be protected. Water fills the ocean, trees grow out of the ground, the sky is painted with clouds, and mountains are formed all by His hand. He has his hand over us and so far, His hand has protected us.

     His hands hold my hands. They guide me toward the right direction and teach me right from wrong. They say that your life story can be shown through your hands and your eyes. But, when I look at my hands, I only see ridges and creases from holding onto life so desperately. My nails are lined with dirt to show that they have clung onto Earth's ground. Now, my hands are in his and the Truth becomes familiar. Warmth spreads throughout me and my eyes are no longer fixed on His hands but His pure eyes.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
When I was camping, I started to examine my hands and it gave me a story idea. Yes, when I went camping my nails were lined with dirt but that was from hiking. Gross, right? Well, anyways, this is one of the several stories I wrote while I was there. Hope you enjoyed it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those nail-pierced hands formed the universe...this was FABULOUS!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful write BrynnaW. This is a beautiful depiction of how God has our lives in His hands and that He alone is in control of everything in our lives. Praise Him!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting, well written. I loved this. I mostly loved the last sentence. It was so cute.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For some reason that reminds me of my dad!? GOOD WRITE! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan