Snippet of Frog Boy

Snippet of Frog Boy

A Story by Cade H. Hawkins
"

Our Hero has left the city that doesn't want him, he soon remembers that he didn't choose to fight crime for fame or public approval, he fights for the good of all, no matter what.

"

later that Night…

Chief Anderson stood in his home living room looking out his glass door at the many cement figures lining their home's lawn. Held a cordless phone up to his ear, listening to the deep voice on the other end and nodded a few times. "Yes sir, Cripple him. I understand. Yes. the news has been taking all of my reports and photographs. They believe everything, nothing's wrong. Yes."  A small girl only around six years old came up behind him and tugged on his pants "Daddy?" She asked. He dropped the phone momentarily to look down at her then put the phone back up to his ear, "I'm sorry sir, I have some matters to attend to here, please feel free to call me at the office in the morning. Thank you." He hung up and set the phone down on top of the grand piano. they were in his household's cozy living room, the couch beside the TV had on it large plush blankets. A round poofy rug laid under their feet over the brown carpet. It felt peaceful there. "What's the matter Beth dear?" He leaned down and picked her up. "I had a bad dream. I dreamt that a bad guy took you and mommy away and I was left alone." She whimpered, laying on his shoulder. "Don't worry. Daddy won't let something like that happen." He reassured her before whispering "As long as I play my cards right."

© 2015 Cade H. Hawkins


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on October 23, 2015
Last Updated on October 23, 2015

Author