A Moment In Time

A Moment In Time

A Story by Jerome
"

A very short story, of a powerful moment in time.

"

Her hair fell in long blonde curls over her shoulders, a slim white blouse and light colored jeans framing her graceful body. We had talked for hours, her pink lips framing the most beautiful words my ears had ever heard. When she laughed, the trees themselves seemed to share in her joy. Our bodies wanted to grasp each other, but modesty kept us in our place. That moment in time of wonderful conversation and laughter became the most wonderful poem I had ever known. But our time had come, her name had been called. Even the happiest dreamer must wake.


She stood and waved her farewell to me, and she hesitated just for a moment. The earth stopped spinning, the birds were still. The breath of the world was held in that pause, she then bent and rested her arms on my shoulders and she kissed me. The first contact our lips made was simple and short. Her arms tightened around me and her fingers grasped my hair, and we kissed again. The world came alive again. It was the perfect kiss. Her skin smelled sweet, her smooth lips pressed against mine, our passion could have set fire to the earth in that moment. She pulled away and smiled, artfully brushing that long hair from her face. With her palm raised, and a corner of her lip under her white teeth she waved to me again. I wanted to say it, and I know she wanted to hear it. But the words of men often get caught in their teeth, and she knew this. I watched her walk away from me, the taste of her still on my lips. I can still taste her sometimes, and when the wind blows hard enough I imagine I can smell that sweet smell of her again. But I know the terrible truth.


I want it back. I want to live in that moment again. I want to be there, with her, wherever she is. I will never forget that day, the last day I saw my lovely Melissa.


Without her here, the earth is a terrible and cold place. I must simply wait for my own name to be called, and I will wait alone. Death is a terrible guest to wait for.

© 2012 Jerome


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is just beautiful! Your words held so much feeling and emotion for that short moment. I absolutely loved the imagery you used. The way you described the story was perfect!

Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 7, 2012

Author

Jerome
Jerome

Fort Collins, CO



Writing
This, Is Hell This, Is Hell

A Story by Jerome


Edward Towns Edward Towns

A Story by Jerome