Midnight Invitation

Midnight Invitation

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

just words

"

MIDNIGHT INVITATION

 
 
 
 
 
 
Rate This

“Midnight Invitation”, 2016, Yuriy Ku Drop

Midnight invitation

The night was long and the song was very good. Downtown Austin was alive and well. 5,000 people gathered together to celebrate the New Year. I roamed alone seeking the good drink and the company of people enjoying the night. No strangers in the city of Austin tonight. I didn’t seek the woman like a desperate man no-more. I learn a desperate man is scary. Now I was the drinking man who smiled and enjoyed his drink.  Better to be a mystery than a sale man in the need of love and good company.


I loved Austin, Texas. I fell into her like a perfect fitted glove in the mist of people seeking dance, song and drink. Tonight I went to new wave club. The least people were in this place. The woman danced alone and were perfect Texas beauties. Long legs, wild and ill-tempered if tested. I drank my long Island teas watching the young woman dance. I liked new wave clubs.The women would flow and move to the metal type music. No organized steps and the woman dressed in loose clothing and allowed their legs to be seen.


I was awoken from the dance and the music by three Texas college girls. All wearing t-sheets and belts. Perfect legs stole my eyes and I said hello. They smiled and asked. Why don’t you dance? I told them. I don’t like to disturb perfect beauty with a un-balanced man. They laughed at my comment and they introduced themselves. Susie was a perfect red-haired Texas girl. Long legs and beautiful freckles on pale skin. Diane was a brown haired beauty. A Boston girl studying to be a English professor and Daniela, a Belton, Texas girl with the bluest eyes I ever seen. I told them my name was Johnnie. Wandering soldier, poet and drunk. They shook my hand and Daniela told me.  It is New Year eve and you cannot be alone. You will dance with us and have some fun. Or sit here alone dying in the drink.


I gave them my best Michigan smile and I told them. Be my honor to dance with you kind and beautiful ladies. We danced to the new wave music. I floated with the three ladies. Not seeking touch or kiss. I learn years ago. Allow the woman to lead. Better to go slow and easy than force a unknown ending. At 12 A.m.  Three ladies embraced me and kissed me. The English major shared her story and we discussed Donne, Dryden and Ben Jonson. After the club closed down. We wandered down to the Austin river.


Diane and Daniela held my hands as we drank the tequila and whiskey hidden in my truck.  Diane stayed with me. She knew I was drunk and she told me. I will stay with you my soldier, poet and drunk. You are a lucky man. Few midnight invitations offered in a life. I told her. You are a gift and a honor Diane. Lets wait for the morning sun and take a drive to the Texas sea. She smiled and she agreed.

John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is just beautiful breath taking really it has been a long time since I read your work yet this is so moving and have taken my words my dear John can relate in some ways yet your description of these women are just amazing lovely work just lovely

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Raylene. Good to be young and celebrating life.
Raylene

7 Years Ago

Yes indeed



Reviews

This is just beautiful breath taking really it has been a long time since I read your work yet this is so moving and have taken my words my dear John can relate in some ways yet your description of these women are just amazing lovely work just lovely

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Raylene. Good to be young and celebrating life.
Raylene

7 Years Ago

Yes indeed
"I fell into her like a perfect fitted glove" WOW, what a great line! I could see those women dancing in their provocative clothing....the material bending and shifting as they moved. You have described the three women so intricately....I could see them. I could picture you walking with them along the pier and back to your car. John, you are a good storyteller! The artwork you chose to accompany your story is gorgeous. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. A talented artist had allowed me to use his work from Wordpress.
I loved this. I can see the river walk in Austin as I read this.
A fun place with thriving music scene. Let the woman lead, never a bad thing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

When a woman lead. Woman feel they decided. Better place for new friendship. Thank you Papaya for re.. read more
Your piece defines utterly the man who is need of love beautifully. The way you describe how a man was feeling alone and desperate and how the young ladies heeling friendly with him is very vivid. You describe the beauty of young girls so vividly that now I really want to see texts beauty and Boston beauty.

Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Irenic. Austin, Texas. A kind and friendly city.
Irenic

7 Years Ago

You are welcome. :)
For a long time, I've been meaning to tell you that I also loved to drink Long Island Ice Teas, back in my splurging days of youth! *smile* I also notice in all your stories with women, you certainly reveal that you're a "leg man" *tee! hee!*

This vignette could be a study in how to pick up women. You've hit on some of the most important points: "a desperate man is scary . . . better to be a mystery than a sale man" (this is brilliant! so many men could stand to learn this!) Another favorite: " I don’t like to disturb perfect beauty with a un-balanced man" (this is so endearing, anyone would fall in love with a guy using a line like that!) As to be expected, you're accosted by 3 beautiful women, as you hang back with perfect humility. That's the way to do it, baby! (((HUGS)))

I love this one especially becuz it shows a different side of the night life & how you like to enjoy it. There's always a gentleness about your way with women in your stories, but not done so purposely with a need to show off your excellent ways, always with modesty.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend. Women like mystery, just like men. No-one want a desperate man or woman.
nice piece. good writing and swanky message

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment.
Im actually in the process of moving from austin tx to chicago il right now that's why this review is so late! This poem was pretty good, theme was present throughout, I think the description of the three girls got repetitive in word choice and disrupted the flow. Other than that it was good. 76/100 which is above average in my reviews.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Tequila and Whiskey and a girl named Diane ... it is a wonder you survived of which I am tremendously grateful. You write of night to remember, for sure. Great tell, Coyote:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Austin, Texas. My recommendation for the best New Year party in the USA. Thank you Pryde. I apprecia.. read more
Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

I have heard, Austin is amazing:)
It's been awhile since I've read one of your works. It's true and I have said poetry is not really my thing. However what I may not have said is that I have always enjoyed your work and this is no different. I think I saw one typo in there somewhere but I'm rather tired (it's about 3:00AM right now and I haven't slept yet) so I may be wrong. I found it a little hard to find the flow but that seemed to add something rather than detract from the feel. I wouldn't change a word.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Matthew. I appreciate he comment.
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

7 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing. You truly are a talented poet. I'll give two more poems a look when I have mo.. read more
The way you write about affection and love in your poems is extremely engaging and pleasing. This work of yours has been finely carved out of the best thoughts of your mind- coming straight from the heart. Pretty amazingly written. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Vatsal. I appreciate the kind words.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2016
Last Updated on July 16, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..