2 or so

2 or so

A Chapter by Ceana

“Man, it’s stuffy back here.” Julia said, “turn the air up.”

“Please…” Jessica answered.

“Fine, please.” Either way, she knew she’d get her what she wanted, “meany.” She added.

“What did you just call me?!?!” Jessi smiled into the rearview mirror, “that is no way to talk to your driver.”

“Hey Driver, pay attention to the road,” Mandi called.

“That’s a good idea,” Clara said. “Though I’m not going to undermine the Driver.”

“Whatever, make fun of me all you want.” Jessica made a pouty face on, “because you’re… you’re just so mean!!!!”

Everyone laughed, “Seriously that’s the best you got? How ‘bout this?” Laurie made this super spoiled look, like she was about to start crying.

After looking at Laurie, Jessica looked back at the road, there was something coming toward them. “What is that?” She asked to see if anybody else could make out it was, “it looks like a deer or something.”

“Well, go on the other side of the road for a minute.” Julia suggested, “Maybe we’ll miss it”

“But what if there’s a car over there?” Clara asked.

“It doesn’t look like there is,” Jessica replied. “If there were, then we would be able to see their lights,” so she pulled over to the other side. But whatever it was, seemed to be attracted to her head lights, it followed her.

“What is that?” Laurie asked, “Could it be like some wild animal?”

“Shouldn’t we have hit it by now? I mean, if it was it can’t be that big.” Amanda commented, “It’s huge! What is that?” She asked as it grew into the size of a truck, “Move!!!” She yelled.

“I am but it’s just following me!!” Jessica’s hands were shaking now.

“Turn your lights off and then move!” Clara yelled, “It will draw it away!!”

It was good advice, if the car hadn’t been moving so fast they probably would have made it. With their lights off, Jessica swerved to the right, but she yanked the wheel to hard. She couldn’t stop their plummet into the hard earth of the ditch beneath them, she pulled the wheel but only ended up turning the car around. The driver seat facing upward, Clara was already calling 911. It dialed, but the only thing she was able to get out was a scream of pain as the truck smashed them from above.

They traced Clara’s phone back to her and found them at around three in the morning.

They pulled the truck out first, checking the man inside. They identified him as Kyle Dobson. They had confirmed that he was drinking the night before, when they pulled the second car up, they were not happy with what they found. They identified them all, though it took some time, they weren’t exactly in good condition. The driver, Jessica Tyson and four others, Clara Edson, Amanda Chas, Julia Safe, and Laurie Charles.

Jessica didn’t make it, the medics said she died upon impact, so no pain. The rest were still alive, just barely though.

Laurie was barely breathing and after an assessment, it was confirmed both her lungs were in critical condition, they were sure she wouldn’t make it. But she was alive now and that’s all that mattered to them.

Clara’s left rib had taken major damage, it was broken in several places. The medics said it was a miracle that she wasn’t already dead, the broken ribs had stabbed into her lung, which meant that blood should have filled it by now. “But it seems that the bones are acting like a type of plug, keeping the blood out.” One medic said. Her skull was cracked in several places, and her legs were smashed by the impact, they said that even if she made it, she would never walk again.

Amanda had a shattered collarbone, which had punctured her voice box. They would try to fix it, but they doubted that she would be able to speak even if they did. She also had a concussion.

Julia got the least of it, just a broken arm. “It would seem the girls sitting on either side of her, acted as a cushion.” The man who was tending her arm commented.

They were taken to the hospital, Laurie, Clara, and Amanda immediately went into surgery. Meanwhile, Julia was brought into a room where she would answer questions, such as what happened and how to reach her family.                                          

 

“You sure she’s coming?” Jeremy asked, “we’ve been waiting forever.”

“Look, she said she was coming,” William answered. At least I hope she is, “don’t worry she is.”

 

“Or so you thought,” Jeremy commented an hour later. “Try calling her?”

“I did, but she’s not picking up.” Where is she? “It just keeps going to voicemail, I wonder where she is.”

“Maybe this is her response,” he started laughing. “That would explain a lot.”

“Shut up, you don’t know what could have come up.” Look at me, wishing for something else. “Mind if I stay here tonight?”

“Sure, it’s ok with me.” Jeremy said, “she stood you up.” Hahaa… “Better luck next time.”

“Whatever, something came up.” Clara’s not the type of person to do something like this, where is she? “I’m going to bed.”

“K’, I need to do some stuff before I go to bed.” Jeremy said as he walked out of the room, “you gotta get her back for this!”

“Ya, like I’m going to do that.” Will yelled back, “you need to get a life!”

“I’ll work on that!”

“No, you won’t,” Will whispered to himself. Why isn’t she picking up?

 



© 2018 Ceana


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on January 15, 2018
Last Updated on January 15, 2018


Author

Ceana
Ceana

Mesa, AZ



About
My hobbies are reading, writing, cooking, sleeping, and not babysitting. more..

Writing
1 or so 1 or so

A Chapter by Ceana


3 or so 3 or so

A Chapter by Ceana


4 or so 4 or so

A Chapter by Ceana