Prompt 1-Paint it all Black

Prompt 1-Paint it all Black

A Story by CrimsonShinigami
"

I wrote this for a contest and then I started to have fun with it

"

Prologue

            The moment came as I came rushing to the hospital right away. The nurses escorted me to my loving wife. Each and every one had markings that showed what they were going to be when they grew up. Me? I became a dragon tamer see.

 

Left- Father

Right-Ellie

 

 

 

           

 

 

When I entered the room my wife was crying. She’s a weapons master. If all of it was possible that it was a dream I would gladly pinch myself awake but as I asked her what was wrong, she let me carry our child. It was right there a bloody mask I presumed on her cheek. It couldn’t be happening as I wondered. My wife wanted to kill her; I myself couldn’t bring to abandon her like my “real” parents did to me. I decided to leave her and raise my sweet Ellie alone in this world. I couldn’t care if I was shunned for anything I just wanted to let her have a place of belonging in this world. Just dreaming of how I would raise her was pure bliss. Watching her walk the first time, talking, eating, laughing and growing up was something I felt relieved to let her live.

Several years later………..

            I treat all my dragons the same way. If they are weak I don’t kill them I just let them grow and help them be their strongest of their kind. I was helping a little young one with flight training when my 15 year old Ellie shouts.

            “Dad, let’s go shopping, we are running out of livestock.”

            “Be there in a minute.”

            When we walk into town people start to clear the way even though it’s the busiest of the time. They whisper all kind of things but we both don’t mind it. At least for me it wasn’t, Ellie lately has been more like distant or silent about her thoughts recently. It’s not my right to pry into things but I just want to help her in anyways possible. Sometimes I wonder if there is a reason why the Saint of Life had chosen her to be a murderer. Ellie always goes back first and even though she doesn’t know about her mother she never asks about her. When she goes back Sarah (ex-wife) comes and still begs me to get rid of her. I can’t bear to hear it any longer and walk out on her.

            When I get home Ellie is humming to herself and I constantly drown myself out of all the negative thoughts and sooth my mind elsewhere. This life was a good life just wished she had a different sign instead of a murderer. Life is all good but I seem to ask for too much. Three days after I had thought that some people came with black robes and of course they wanted Ellie. I did the best I could for her to run but she came back. That was the price of letting her live she killed them all but it was all in vain. The figure when I saw her running towards them killing them as if it was the most natural thing in her life. Her figure was coated completely black unable to control herself and yet I feel relieved. I was on the verge of death: as she was running off the people had poison on their blades. It has no antidote and for tat I died in Ellie’s arms on her 16th birthday.

            “Ellie, I regret nothing from the moment you were born I never thought you would grow up to be a strong beautiful girl. The only regret is that I won’t be there to watch you grow anymore. I will and forever be by your side loving you as a proud father.”

Ellie’s story now begins

            My dad let me run off so I could be saved and yet he died protecting me from the people who wanted me dead the most. My dad said on his last breath that he regretted nothing when keeping me. I ruined his life and for that he wasted his. I knew that I was a killer and I hated myself for that. My mother tried to kill me. People are all afraid of e. I couldn’t go to school ad had no friends. The one person who stood beside me and smiled along was my dad he was all I have and now he is dead. They took him away from me and I swear to have vengeance

            I had found a school where there are children just like me shunned away from their parents lucky to be alive still. The school was well hidden away from society and the people who founded it was ordinary humans with a sign that they were teachers. They did not hate us they only loved us but it became somehow creepy for me to handle it. I often have dreams of my first kill but it wasn’t as bad of how the people make you train to kill the other students. There are 10 rules to follow and here they are:

 

1.    You mustn’t show mercy to anyone.

2.    You must not love anyone. Not opposite nor same.

3.    Don’t trust anyone not even the teachers.

4.    Kill anyone who is an intruder.

5.    Leave the school and you will die.

6.    Never wander off into the night.

7.    Not everyone shall graduate from this school be prepared.

8.    Everyone has a new name share your old name and you will be doomed

9.    You may carry any weapon as possible.

10.  Follow these rules and you will graduate if not be in te grave we have for you.

 

My weapon I carry with me is a gunblade my father had my “mom” craft for him in case of emergencies. He gave it to me on my birthday even until today I still thank him but I still wondered who my mom really was. I had killed many people and puppets but never in one moment they would search up your background and prepare the puppets to look like your parents. It was a woman who I didn’t know the training was to kill your loved ones. Some people killed some hesitated and died as a consequence. It was our fathers next. When I saw my dad I couldn’t believe it here he was ready to kill and yet I still thought he survived. Everyone killed theirs and yet I couldn’t kill mine. Dodging every single of his attacks as he smiles to become ready to kill me. I wanted to talk sense into him but I knew it wasn’t real and yet I still fell for it. The only reason I barely survived was because of him and I wanted to be with him even if it was an illusion. Crying not ready to say good-bye kill him and looked at his tattoo it was a dragon but he burned his off and put a fake picture of it to remind him that choices are made to never turn back. The teacher came up to me.

“It’s not very like you to mess up in the training exercise.”

“No it’s not like me Ms.Burnetts.”

“Care to tell me what happened.”

“I just thought that my dad was still alive out there.”

“If you thought that wouldn’t be the same as your mother.”

“I don’t have a mother.”

“How are you so sure?”

“I grew up without one and I don’t need her now of all times. I don’t care what happened to her but if my dad is still alive I would gladly trade hers for him.”

“Okay, I’ll leave you to your break but remember you are one of our top 5 protégés just remember people would kill to have your place.”

“I understand now please excuse me I have dinner waiting for me.”

I leave the room and go to my own room which had no roommate for the best because you can kill them in their sleep not a good choice to make. I cry all over again repeating the same training with killing my dad. Each time I try the less painful way but the tests keep coming. Each and every single one is my dad and I just keep getting slower and slower into killing him. The only way to stop it is fake it all I have to be strong like him and face reality.

Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for their heart has no metrics nor do they have a form of measure. And all of it is…irreplaceable.

Your hopes have become my burden Father but I will find my own liberation.

I repeat this every time until etched it into my mind. When I sleep I’m back home listening to my father sing a lullaby for me and the baby dragons. When he sees a weak one he never tries to kill it like everyone else does. He says.

“Ellie look this one might not make it but there is still hope in him.”

“How is it possible, Dad? How do you know this?”

 “Ha ha just call it a father’s instinct like I have with you. I’ll always know when you are in trouble and when there is I will find a way to protect you.” He smiles as the dragon nibbles his fingers as he gets uneasy. We both go inside and the room is all bloody and dad is on the ground wheezing his last breath. My hands full of his blood and screaming. That is when I wake up for the dream: tears are streaming down my eyes when I see the unfamiliar room. I remind myself I went to school and it is not a happy place.

2 Years Later

It’s the graduation day and there is only 20 people who are attending the students all proud and murderers. I for once had to get over my father’s death and kill when possible. They say I have special ability and yet I don’t see what is so special well not yet anyways. To get here on the graduation there was a tournament that was held. The protégés all passed including e but something doesn’t feel right. I was born to be a murderer and they taught us that killing is like an addiction. We cannot live without the feeling but how come I can’t feel it Everyone else has that they all lusted for it and yet I can kill without any emotions and then what happens after. I cry after I kill them, I mourn after their deaths but it was for survival so tell me why this had happened. As the chairman calls our fake names he congratulates us and let us free from this school but I call it a cage for us to hone our abilities. He says we are the “Death Gods” that cleanse the people’s souls and god gave this job to us to help others in their wrong doings.

 

A week had passed and I have a job to do and that is to find my mother and talk to her. When I reach town people start whispering and some people attack I quickly kill them. Others start running to their homes and as I reach my old home no one lives in it. Figures who would want to live in a place where a murderer lived her life in it. Nothing has been cleaned and the stains are still there. Out in the back is the grave where my father now lays flowers are dying there where I last gave him it. Somehow I saw a change in something like someone else sent their regards. That was when I heard a clatter in the home: I race back and swiftly take out my handmade dagger. I threw it as the shadow figure ran to the exit and as it flew it entered the hand and sharply impaled the wood. The person screamed sound like a women in their mid-forties. I walk to see who it is and it was a woman.

“Who are you and what are you doing trespassing in my house?” I couldn’t keep my emotions in check but I couldn’t care less this was mine and father’s place. Our own home away from others and all the memories are for us and only us.

“I have no reason to answer you since you attacked me out of nowhere.” She says this as she runs out of breath and screams in pain.

“There is no use trying lady if you struggle you would only make the wound worse.”

“Why on earth should I believe you?” I grabbed the dagger out of her and watched her hit the ground in more pain with more blood coming out. I grab her hand and took a lime out of my pocket and squeezed it on her. She cries out for help.

“No use lady. We are too far from the town and even if you are heard they won’t come to help you.”

“You know this how?”

“Let’s just call it that I experienced it way before you were here.” Wrapping her bloody hand with the first aid kit I always have with me. She doesn’t know me because I have a hood on and a mask. My eyes have been dyed with red because I went over 38 kills of my father and his blood was absorbed into my iris making my eyes bright red. The contact lens helps me not be recognized by any of my fellow graduates. Our marks can be concealed with invisible ink just so people don’t know that we are hunting them.

“Thank you.” She held her injured arm close to her heart. I just nudged my head in a yes ad began to walk away. Just cleaning the place and that was when I realized the woman was still sitting there.

“I’ll ask again but who are you?”

“No one special I hope that’s the answer you re looking for.”

“I asked for a name unless Lady is fine with you or I could call you something else.”

 “It’s Sarah. Sarah Dustlefer and to who am I to call you attacker.”

“My name is well my name is Ein.” Sure give her the nickname you were called at the school oh wells better than Ellie or Crimson.

“Well then Ein what are you doing here cleaning this place.”

“I was told this place was abandoned and I’m here to take it.”

“Funny, my husband lived here but he was murdered for protecting our daughter.” I dropped the dagger which was still in my hand. “Are you sure I heard the person who owned the place was divorced. He left his wife and raised his child alone.”

“Yes, that’s him I love him until this day. When I saw our daughter with that rotten thing on her face couldn’t look at her. She was defected a broken child which had been given the wrong gift. He chose her over me. So many times I convinced him to kill her but he ran away. The girl is missing and I still don’t know her name, what a terrible mother right?”

“You did what any parent would had done.”

“That’s not the point I was ready to accept her but watching her roam the town so carefree with my husband made me grow worse but I also hated her.”

“I wonder what would happen if she hears that.” Se looks at me so confused but she gave a reply.

“Well I’ll find out when I do meet her if she is alive that is.”

“Hey haven’t you ever wondered what it is like to be abandoned in the world.”

“No I haven’t. I lived with my parents They were all I ever need. Why, what about you?”

“Hmm I lost my father 2 years ago and my mother died.”

“Sounds harsh.”

“Not really I found who I was looking for?”

“And who may that be?”

“You.” I push her down and stab her cloths to the floor her struggling didn’t fill this pain I felt in so long. Crying, wondering and wishing were she was the whole time but she was right here living flesh and blood. To her own disbelief she says.

“You said your mother is dead.”

“Yes .She is dead to me. You were never there and father. Father did everything you couldn’t.”

“You are my daughter.” Her wide eyes tell it all and with her injured hand she forced it to take off my mask. Her eyes show the fear and panic I had always dreamed of. Watching her struggle out of my reach just watching gave her pity from my point. The only thing I could actually do is cry and laugh. Crying the reason for that is because I found her the person I was looking for and laughing was the pitiful sight of her struggling under my binds. I pick up the dagger and carve an apple for the hunger. I start talking again.

“Do you want one because by the looks of you, Sarah, you haven’t eaten in days?”

“Why on earth would I eat food given from you? Maybe you poisoned it and is trying to kill me.”

“Fine suit yourself.” I bit the apple slices and I continue, “All I want to know is who ordered the kill on my head.”

“As if I’ll tell you of all people. You were the cause of all this.” I spit out the apple and laugh so much I threw the dagger right beside her face cutting just a bit of her skin. Slamming my foot on the right side and threaten her.

“I will never tell you even if you kill me.”

“Oh you think this is funny. Sorry I don’t play jokes but I will take things seriously like say kill you with your own blade you crafted for father.” In the corner of my eye I could see her flinch with surprise what luck does she have huh. I could hear her whisper give it back but tormenting her was so easy.

“Did you say something?” As I cleaned my daggers in the slightest point of infection or rust.

“Give it back. The blade isn’t yours, I made it for Remends not for you just him.

“Not isn’t it that sad, if you didn’t run away then you would have known that father gave it to me. Well I have no need for you it seems I talked to you for nothing. There’s a piece of shattered glass beside you to your left. I just hope you are smart enough not to cut yourself. I bid you farewell the next time we meet. I will kill you!” I slip on my mask once again and head to the mayor of the building.

 

Waiting in the dark pretending you are still. Erasing your existence is necessary to kill someone. When he enters off with his freedom and as he wakes up he is tied.

“Who killed my father?” I shout out with all my might. He doesn’t respond to my words but how about the butter knife in his hand would react. I simply stabbed him and turned the knife in his hand the screams did nothing to me.

 “I’ll ask again who killed my father?”

“I-I have no idea what you are talking about. So please take that knife out of my hand please I’m begging you.”

“I don’t think I should trust you but it seems you know everything that is supposed to happen in this small town don’t you. So tell me everything 2 years ago remember because I will kill everyone in this simple town. Well I won’t if you tell me about the murder.”

“Then I guess you are going to have to kill me because I will keep myself silent.”

“Ah this is very boring you know this isn’t the first time I had killed before you know right” He was silent; I clicked my tongue and removed the knife and stabbed this artery in his foot immobilizing his time to run. This is getting interesting cutting and cutting just watching removes my senses in what is natural anymore. When he finally admitted the names I knew what to do since he didn’t see my face it wasn’t as foolish to let him go.

 

I start walking in the busy streets without my mask and no one notices me as I pass by everyone who I knew. That’s when she appeared so ready to kill me. She had a gun and 2 small knives that is good enough but each bullet just strayed away to the carts killing innocent people. When she noticed she was out of rounds, she resolved to the knives and charges right at me of course she never killed once in her life didn’t know the defenses to blocking. I grabbed her hand until she let go and kicked her shin and she toppled over to the ground.

“I have no time for you; I have other business that matters at the moment and look you became a killer too. You are far worse than me when you are simply a weapon craftswoman.” I walked off to another place gathering my things which I had abandoned when I left from the house. Gathering things that might be useful but the only thing was the photo of dad and I. As I was about to leave Sarah was in the farm when the dragon were once kept.

“I’ve been branded as a traitor now that I killed 6 people.”

“Just so you know I didn’t do anything and really it’s your own fault for acting on your instincts that rather calm yourself down and think things through.” I walked passed her and she followed me as if I cared I’m just going to the next town to find the dealer in the trade the mayor put his hands on.

 

Going to the town was about a day’s journey considering Sarah was dead weight on me. Her and her complaining about her shoes, her food, and her clothes and at last regretting that I was born. As we reached there I simply told her to stay put but Sarah followed me to the estate anyways. The only reason is that I get caught and then killed on the spot.

It’s kind of too bad because I have a power where I can switch on and off on my own and that causes a great deal to me because in that process I am what you can call a monster so by turning it on I become immortal and kill whoever I want. This of course spreads rumors and somehow many don’t live the tales of what I look like. You know what they say a dead person never tells it tales but somehow they got a photo of me and it’s a wanted everywhere.

 

I love the name Chaos because I wreak havoc to those whom I am ordered to kill. I work for the academy because I have nothing else to do. Protect the chairman and the headmaster that is also my duties. What happened t Sarah well let’s say she gave in to the madness and is kept for more “exceptional” purposes because her sign turned from weapon craft’s person to a killer. When I visit her all she does is talk nonsense when she is not crazy she starts to demand impossible things. My job is a well done precise thing but what I am going to tell you is the monster they see is Paint it black. Black the shadows kill in dark places so make sure you hold a candle because the fun is just about to begin Dearies!  My story is an end for only this one but another shall be written as this one is ending best of luck to the fortunate and as the others well let’s hope we don’t cross paths.


© 2014 CrimsonShinigami


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014

Author

CrimsonShinigami
CrimsonShinigami

Edmonton, Canada



About
I like writing poems and stories but I never had the chance to show others they may not be as good as others but I tried my best. I enjoy reading books that have a good story plot. I hate quiet room.. more..

Writing