Old places

Old places

A Story by CrimsonShinigami

Let me tell you about a place that you always been. A place that no matter what you do you'll never know what to do next. I walk down those empty dark streets of the usual neighbourhood. It was freezing to the point I started playing with my breath like I was smoking. I got really bored so I quickly started taking two steps on each square on the sidewalk. Counting down the steps 5....4....3....2....1 I'm here. Turning at 90 degrees clockwise and facing a house that was already lights out. I sneezed after I looked at each and every house went out to go to sleep. Pulling up my scarf to my frozen nose enwrapping it with the warmth of my breath but of course I couldn't even feel the warmth 'was worth a try at least' I had told myself. Glancing up towards the tall, broken, old, bright and lifeless house. Breathing out and then in and that's when I started walking towards the door. My arm started to outstretch for the door that was cracked all over. As I reached for the door ot was like it knew I was here and ipened all the way as if it was welcoming me in. My mind went blank and froze for a couple of minutes. Blankly staring off into space i started blinking myself out of the trance. My thoughts returned to me as I was staring at the dark, pitch black, shadow structured entrance. Twitching one of my fingers slowly to remember their own muscle movements as I took my first step into the house. Crossing the line where you are dared as a kid to walk over the line and into the house. As I set down my foot the floor creaked so much I thought the floorboards might give up on me and break.
The house had this smell like when you breathe into it you dont want to breathe again. It was like you want to choke after inhaling but I couldn't do it. I knew I would be trespassing if it wasn't for my idiot best friend if the year George. I would explain in detail but that isn't what I'm here to do. So the flashlight is a no-go because the neighbours wpuld be like hey why's there light coming from the abandoned building. So instead of that I have my trusty night vision goggles. Okay before you have any conclusions the goggles seemed like the most brightest idea but it was all I had well that or my phone which is about to die, anyways the house please. I put them on and well they didn't work forgot to replace the batteries and I also forget to get spare ones. Worthless guess I have to go blind in this house. The moonlight wasn't as bright as it was a couple of minutes ago. It's being covered by the clouds so my eyes can't see the floor and that makes me vulernable to the glass and holes within the house. That's going to put me at a bad disadvantage here.
Carefully watching my steps as I cross my way to the kitchen skipping the family room because really I rather save the best for last when I quickly slip out of here. The only thing I could say was that the owners could have least clean up after themselves. Larvas were on everything they could touch making squishy sounds on every thing they do. The smell could literally kill my sense of smell for the rest of my life. The windows were broken and the sliding door that connects to the deck which leads to the backyard is barely hanging onto it's place. As I walked past the kitchen and onwards to the basement. It's the one place that excites everyone the most. Letting out a sigh as the door crept up towards me little by little. My shaking hands covered in sweat reached for the icy doorknob that was covered in spiderwebs. If I could feel anything crawl up my hand I would just scream just like a little girl not caring if anyone noticed. Once my fingers touched the doorknob it's cold heat went to mine making the knob warmer very slowly. I didnt want to hold it much longer so my fingers wrapped around it as fast as they could and twisting it really quick as if I was angry at something. I swung it open so fast that the door broke off and out of its hinges. The screws were falling off so I tried to catch them all but you know thet went tumbling down the stairs. As they reached the bottom of the pitch black basement they made an echo about 6-7 rings before the dead silence covered it all. Swallowing my spit really loud as I slowly walk down from the creaky stairs. As I decended down the stairs I couldn't see anything so using my hands to feel where I am going I touched slimy stuff along the walls. I wouldn't even dare question about what I was touching anymore. When I set foot onto the bottom of the stairs all the lights went on in the basement, the curtains fell down to block the light from escaping the building and then the sound of creaking was happening as thet all froze. I looked around slowly but seruously the place was so clean I couldn't even suspect that no one was living in it anymore. The laundry was piled up into 3 sections the fragile, white and the dark clothing they were located beside the washer. The floor was made of marble and it was waxed so much that I could swear on my life that I had seen my face on it with a girl who's eyes looked like they were going to be swallowed up if she squinted even harder. Her hair was messy like she just woke up from her sleep. Her skin was as pale as if they didnt know there were any other colors other than white on her skin. Her mouth was smiling wait smiling no it wasnt that it was cut from ear to ear and stitched up but blood still dangled from her chin. Wait what?? I turned around and then no one was there except for the black carpet staircase I had just walked down from. I dont know why but my instincts were telling me to look up. At first, I was hesitant about it but my head slowly started to look up. It was so slow I could hear my neck crack as it gets into position. That's when I saw those eyes. Whose are they I started to wonder. Those bright white eyes that could see right through me. The way she grinned was like the moon smiling at me except for the part when the lights went out making my eyes adjusting to the dark again. There was something cold creeping up my feet. At first I thought it was just me being to cold from the air in the basement. Then the strand of my hair on my neck began to stand up. Finally the wind began blowing by me and with that I heard "Welcome back" as the breeze vlew by and then the door slammed. That gave me no smart actions and I just bolted for the exit. I was tripping over everything and breaking lots of floorboards on the way. When I got to the door it closed as if it was not letting me leave. I ran upstairs and like an idiot fell down it and broke the window. Scrambling to my feet I ran out through the lawn and back home. The odd part was that the house I had just been in is my home. The home I had once abandoned too long ago. So I turned around and said " I'll be back again to see you, Mom"

© 2015 CrimsonShinigami


Author's Note

CrimsonShinigami
Opinions please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on September 27, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015

Author

CrimsonShinigami
CrimsonShinigami

Edmonton, Canada



About
I like writing poems and stories but I never had the chance to show others they may not be as good as others but I tried my best. I enjoy reading books that have a good story plot. I hate quiet room.. more..

Writing