Dante's Letter

Dante's Letter

A Story by Chellie
"

A romantic letter to a nymph named Dante from his mate and queen. Written for a contest from the group Red Eclipse.

"

To my beloved Dante,

 

Your absence from me has left me lonely at night. How I have longed for your touch. I know you are away to protect our people, but I cannot help missing you. My body grows weak without you, as I know yours does without me. If I were not queen of the nymphs, and you the king, I would have accompanied you to battle, keeping you strong.

 

I lay awake at night thinking about you, craving your touch. I picture your body over mine, savoring, feeling. In my dreams I can smell your sweet sent. You smell of the ocean, salty and fresh, yet appealing to my senses. I spend many of my days at the ocean, awaiting your return, and I can’t help but remember our first memory together.

 

I was walking along the beach, dreaming of a young prince I could never have. My heart had always yearned for him, but deep inside I knew that I would never be chosen as his mate. Surely his heart would belong only to the finniest of the female nymphs. And as I was dreaming of the young prince, who was made of pure sex and savage warrior, I noticed a figure in the distance.

 

As I looked closer at the figure, I realized that it was the prince. His beautiful hair was wet, stuck to his forehead and temples. His body appeared as if it had been kissed by both the sun and the sea, as droplets of water slid slowly down his perfectly bronzed skin. He walked with confidence, so sure of himself, unlike me, who was shy and withdrawn. As he approached me I saw his blue eyes scan my body, looking for an appropriate bed partner. My heart raced in my chest as his lips curved up into a smile and he stopped just feet from me.

 

I watched his eyes as he took one more look at my body, lingering on my breasts, barely covered by a thin piece of material that every average female wore, and then between my legs. As his eyes moved back up to my body to meet my own I could see him harden under the cloth that hid his most masculine part. But as his eyes met mine, the universe seemed to stop around us. His eyes widened, and he let out a gasp that anyone mated could recognize. His heart had chosen his mate, and it was hard to believe it was me. You, the man I had dreamed of my whole life, had chosen me.

 

We made love on that beach for the first time. That was over ten years ago. I still am so in love with you Dante, and dream of you every night. My heart aches without you near me, and I sometimes tell myself to go to you. But I am now the queen of our people, and I have a duty to uphold while you are away.

 

Dante, know that I love you very much, and I pray everyday for your safe return. I hope to see you very soon my love. Be safe, and stay well.

 

Love always,

 

Your Queen.

 

P.S. I just found out today, you better be coming home soon, because in eight months, your going to be a father.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 Chellie


Author's Note

Chellie
I wrote this very quick, about half an hour. I tried to edit it, but I am very tired, and couldn't get everything. Please point out any mistakes. This is the first letter I have written, besides someting for a business or school. It was very fun, and I think I will be writing more letter's like this.

Please leave feedback of any kind. Harsh or constructive critisism is welcomed with open arms. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JAL
I like this work my only two concerns is that 1) "i longe for your touch" ...few sentences later... "I crave your touch". There is no need for repeat. 2) It feels blocky. Trying flowing them more together.
Other wise it's creative and enjoyable. Keep up the good work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
aww this was really good. You created a clear pic in my head.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done... Just enough imagery to keep the story moving... it has flashes of desire, and want.. without being to over the top..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JAL
I like this work my only two concerns is that 1) "i longe for your touch" ...few sentences later... "I crave your touch". There is no need for repeat. 2) It feels blocky. Trying flowing them more together.
Other wise it's creative and enjoyable. Keep up the good work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is lovely and very sweet. I didn't notice any mistakes either. I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mey
Very vivid details. When dealing with sexual subjects it's very important to show how the characters feel rather than telling us. Over all a well constructed piece, I got a real sense of longing from it, mixed with raw desire which was excellent as that seemed to be your primary focus. I have mixed feeling about your postscript because while it adds an extra level to the characters but it seems to clash a little with "If I were not queen of the nymphs, and you the king, I would have accompanied you to battle, keeping you strong."

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't really see any mistakes. It was really pretty, very descriptive, and wonderfully written. I love it, and it was even better that it was fantasy. I love fantasy, and you don't see many fantasy letters. Good write. I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It had a sweet sensuality throughout that really made it enjoyable...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was really good. I love the detailed history of how they first met and the description of Dante's physical traits. I didn't notice any mistakes, by the way. Good Job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting write. Very sweet. (: Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2010
Last Updated on November 12, 2010
Tags: love, sex, warrior, letter, dante, queen, king, prince, nymph, paranormal, romance

Author

Chellie
Chellie

CA



About
I am a writer of many genres and styles. I love poetry, short stories, and novels. If I had it my way I would spend my days sunning in the pool with a book in my hands. And at night writing till my he.. more..

Writing
In The Moment In The Moment

A Story by Chellie


All Of Me All Of Me

A Poem by Chellie


Crave Pt. 2 Crave Pt. 2

A Poem by Chellie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SCALES SCALES

A Poem by Teri B