THE DAY OF THE WORLD

THE DAY OF THE WORLD

A Story by Chris38
"

The first attempt for God all in a day

"
The sun rose at the dawn of the world, The Lord kissed you and you opened your eyes. The frost soon burnt away that morning as you rose from the soil newly made. You went out to play in the morning sunshine. You marvelled at the wonders of the world. You sang along with the birds, you smelt the flowers you climbed the trees. From the topmost branches you gazed across the beautiful garden of the world and thanked the Lord.
The sun grew hotter at the noon of the world and you bathed in its warm light. You danced and played and rolled in the sweet smelling grass, you bathed in the warm pure stream. You travelled throughout the world, travelled to the ocean, ran along the sandy beach, swam in the warm, tropical waters, swam to the depths of the blue sea.
As the evening of the world came ever nearer the sun began to set, its fiery red magnificence filled the sky. You became cold and dressed in warm clothes taken from the skin of some of the animals who you shared this paradise with. You built yourself a house by chopping down some of the many trees which also shared the world with you. You walked through the world as the birds fell quiet and the flowers closed up. Soon everything was silent and you were alone.
The moon shone down on the night-time of the world and beautiful stars came out, glittering in the night sky. You marvelled at their beauty which seemed so incredibly close. You retreated to your shelter which was for it was now very cold. You lit a fire burning more wood from the trees and you closed your eyes and went to sleep.
You were woken by a noise! You went outside and a man was there, a man like you though his skin was darker and his hair longer. He wanted to share your shelter with you for he was lonely and though it was not good that man should be alone. You were scared and killed the man and buried his body. You tried to get back to sleep but another man came and then another. You killed them all for you were scared that they would take your shelter and your fire and leave you with nothing.
As the clock crept towards the midnight of the world you prayed to The Lord that had created you to rid the world of these men for surely they were not his children but only you? As the clock struck midnight at the end of the world The Lord sighed and decided that he would have to try again.

© 2011 Chris38


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing. We are all a bit selfish and paranoid at times. I can imagine the creator wanting to scrap the whole thing and start again. I love how you captured this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 7, 2011
Last Updated on January 7, 2011

Author

Chris38
Chris38

Liverpool, North west England, United Kingdom



About
I am 38 years old and work in the care industry with adults with learning difficulties. I have been writing on and off since I was six years old. I had some stuff published when I was in my teens but .. more..

Writing
MICHAEL MICHAEL

A Story by Chris38