Christmas Introspection

Christmas Introspection

A Story by CoffeePerson

Hello again. So, Christmas. I used to love Christmas when I was younger. Then I grew up, my parents got divorced and I started hating to choose with which whom I'd spend Christmas with. It really went from one of my favourite seasons to one in which I felt the worst. Holidays are hard for everyone, I guess. But in spite of being a sad season now, there are still things I enjoy more than in any other season, and those are the ones I like to remember in order to enjoy it a little bit.
Firstly, there's the awesome Christmas food and being sorrounded by your family (I know it's not always the case, but I really enjoy spending time with my family). Then there's the cold weather and the comfy clothes, the hot drinks and the christmas movies. And lastly, Christmas decorations. I'm not really into decoration, but Christmas decorations kinda makes you enter in the mood.
This year though, I was not able to experience most of these things. Firstly, because it's my first year in university and I have 6 finals in January, so I had to study during this season, which I'd never did before and left me with little time to do other tings. Secondly, I spent Christmas with my dad and my stepmother. Since my stepmother wanted to do the christmas dinner at their house and my dad's family spent chritmas at my aunt's, I spent christmas with my stepmother's family instead of with my own, and they're not my favourite people in the world. But in spite of that, it wasn't all bad, I still managed to have some fun and distraction. I was in a really dark place before Chrismtas (the 25th), and spending two days at my dad's kinda help me exit that place. Today I even managed to exit bed at 9:40am, which I see as a personal achievement!
So, overall, it wasn't an awesome Christmas, but it wasn't an awful one aswell. I always try to be positive and look for the good things, even if they're little, in the situations.
But now new year's coming, I hate it more than I hate Christmas. So yeah, there's that to go through. And then my finals, which I'm not looking forward to it.
I guess that my point with this is, even if the events don't turn out as you'd wish, even if there's a lot of s**t happening, even if you think this season sucks, always try to look for the pleasant things in life.

© 2017 CoffeePerson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sending positive thoughts to you for the end of this year's troubles, and the best 2018. Good luck testing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CoffeePerson

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! Same goes to you, hope 2018 is better than 2017

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 27, 2017
Last Updated on December 27, 2017
Tags: #christmas, #selfhelp, #review, #happy

Author

CoffeePerson
CoffeePerson

Portugal



About
I created this because I read somewhere that writing helps you deal with your own problems. I'm 23. I love coffee, cats and books. Wouldn't be surpsired if this three elements came up a lot. more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by CoffeePerson