Superiority Complex

Superiority Complex

A Poem by CookeCody

Superiority Complex

Often it happens when the currents of time thrash men about, threatening to drown their flailing limbs and choke them with their own words. It holds us stronger than any love or fury, stronger than the grip of Nature and its doctrines, and there is no escaping it; escaping it, however, is precisely the thing we want most. The seas of human history foam and churn with that relentless, that ceaselessly impossible struggle of ours to squirm beyond our place in space, to dry ourselves of the waters of change.
And who are we, those plankton presented with a whale of an idea, to claim anything in that? We're so stupid we actually kill each other, and we only show signs of doing it more and more.
It's easy to become overwhelmed in the vast swiftness of existence. So frequently does the tide crash us against new shores, and so short are our perceptions and attention-spans, that we mistakenly feel obligated time-and-time again to scream at the top of our lungs that this is MY SPOT, and we confuse the lines in the shifting sands for revolution.
How did we come to be so (Oblivious?/Fearless?/Both?) in the face of those towering and crashing tsunamis, which are not uncommon, that always thrash us about once more, scattering our ideals and beliefs, our dominions, like grains in the wind?

© 2017 CookeCody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 5, 2017
Tags: Man, history, humans, time

Author

CookeCody
CookeCody

Sulphur, LA



About
CookeCody more..

Writing