The Half-Life of Peace (Humanity was Cacophony)

The Half-Life of Peace (Humanity was Cacophony)

A Poem by CookeCody

The world was aflame in war and argument. Burning arrows screeched across the ocean. Clawing at offensive throats were a flurry of calloused knuckles. Storms of mobs, enraged by the indignant colors on the ties of their leaders, stomped upon the rubble of their agendas. Homes became battlegrounds, and opinions exploded beneath lightly-treaded words. Across all nations and between all people, disagreement spewed like oil from the foaming mouths of those who dared to speak amidst the inferno that roared from the unheard words of everyone else. Humanity was Cacophony.
And then, with the tenderness of first light, a single note rang. Loud enough to deafen but soft enough to hear, it flooded everything with no care for boundary.
It reached itself around the globe and embraced that trembling civilization.
When they heard it, everyone stopped,
and everyone went quiet.
Everyone breathed,
and closed their eyes,
sighed,
and opened.
The music was everywhere, and not a single word was said.
And when people began to realize that it was just the ringing of their own ears, they collapsed into chaos again.

© 2017 CookeCody


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 17, 2017
Last Updated on August 17, 2017
Tags: Poetry

Author

CookeCody
CookeCody

Sulphur, LA



About
CookeCody more..

Writing