Prologue- The Princess of love.

Prologue- The Princess of love.

A Chapter by Crystyn .M. Brooks
"

The Crystal Empire is fairly young, King Emerald Shadow and Queen Diamond Heart happily rule over the Empire, recently having a filly of their own, for which they named Crystal Heart.

"

Prologue


   The Crystal Empire was at it's most happiest when King Emerald Shadow and Queen Diamond Heart announced the pregnancy. Ponies everywhere through out Equestria anticipated the very first royal baby. And when the time came, the two pony princesses, Celestia and Luna, had traveled to the Crystal Empire to meet their new baby cousin.

They eagerly trotted into the nursery, finding their aunt comfortably sitting in a rocking chair, rocking her new born.

"What is it? A filly or a colt?" Luna eagerly asks as she and Celestia inch closer.

"A filly. Meet your baby cousin, Crystal Heart." Queen Diamond Heart gently lifts the baby filly with her magic, passing the sleeping baby to her cousins. Celestia holds the very small Crystal heart with her magic.

"She's so adorable." Celestia smiles looking at Crystal Heart. She looks very much like her mother, white, with a ribbon-like curled tri-colored main, consisting of a light blue-aqua, light sky blue, and light turquoise. A small horn peaks out from her mane, showing that she is born as a unicorn, but will earn her wings with her cutie mark.

"Awe such a sweet babe!" Luna excitedly murmurs as Crystal Heart starts to wake.

Her eyes softly flutters open, revealing topaz colored eyes. Staring up at her older cousins, Crystal Heart giggles and coos. Smiling, the sisters give their cousin back to their aunt, and for the rest of their visit, they help out around the palace.

Years go by, and Crystal Heart had finally came to the age to start her education. She had left for Canterlot to be taught by a powerful wizard called Star Swirl the Bearded. Though her Kingdom was sad to see her away during week days, she would visit home for the weekends. She was personally taught by her cousins, and easily surpassed all of her peers. This was where she had earned her cutie mark. While at an Canterlot royal ball that Celestia and Luna were hosting at the palace, Crystal Heart had noticed a couple fighting. This couple had been going through a rough patch in their relationship, because recently they haven't been able to spend much time together, and were just about ready to call it off. As an attempt to heal their broken hearts, Crystal Heart trotted over to them and said, "Not being able to see each other much shouldn't keep you two from loving each other! Love is an amazing thing, shared between two, and nothing should get in the way of that!" With her magic she rekindled their over with each other.

Instantly the cutie mark of a crystal heart, with a tiara appeared on her flank. Blue light started forming around her, lifting her off the ground. At this point every pony was watching her. She felt different. She was already very powerful, but now she has gained even more. Slowly did her hoofs meet the ground and the blue light that had surrounded her had disappeared. Gasps of awe filled the room, everypony had watched the young princes earn both her cutie mark and wings. It took her a minute to realize that she had earned her wings. She was officially an Alicorn like her parents and cousins. Excitedly, she softly flaps her new wings, shakily lifting herself from the dance floor. Just like with magic, she was a natural to flying as well, picking it up  her flying skills faster than a baby Pegasus. "I'm flying!" She cheerfully said.

Cheers of congratulations ring out from the party guests. Celestia catches a tear of joy, quicly wiping it away with a free hoof. She then announces, "Now we have something to celebrate tonight! Everypony raise their glasses to my dearest cousin, Princess Crystal Heart!"

The news had quickly spread to the Crystal Empire, and the following day when Crystal Heart would come home to see her parents, they through a large festival in celebration, and had a Crystal Heart made, and placed in the center of the Kingdom. During the festival, they, along with Crystal Heart infused their magic into the heart shaped crystal, so it an attract love throughout the Kingdom, and use it as a form a greater form of magic that everypony can add to and share.


Crystal Heart had learned everything should could by Star Swirl the Bearded by the age of sixteen. She was a young mare who was putting her hoofs into the world. The night of the Ball that her parents created as a graduation celebration, they gifted her with a heart-shaped locket, and a new tiara encrusted with precious blue gemstones. She had put them on immediately. For most of the night everypony celebrated, they dances, they laughed, wonderful memories were made. After the ball had ended, and every pony had went home, a friend of Princess Luna had made his way into the palace. This Stallion was named Sombra, a very talented Unicorn who's heart has turned dark. One by one, he took the Crystal Palace guards down, until there was no one left to interfere with his plans. He wanted to take over the Crystal Empire and become King, so he can prove to anypony that he isn't  force to be messed with. Along with taking over the Empire, he planned to murder the King and Queen. He thought that the Princess was weak, so he planned to force her to be his wife. With each palace guard he took down, the more he changed. His horn started to curve and the tip was starting to turn red, his red eyes start glowing green, and dark magic starts to wisp at the corners of his eyes, giving the appearance of dark flames. His hair grew more wildly, thicker, slicked back. He grew taller as well. The servant ponies that had seen him ran away, fearing for their lives.

Unfortunately, the King and Queen had went to bed early, tired from the ball they hosted for their daughter. Sombra easily made his way to them, murdering them in their sleep. The princess was next on list. He was going to place her under a magical deep sleep, so keep her safe until he felt ready to reawake her, and have her marry him. But there was a down fall to his plan. One of the servant ponies didn't run away, the servant pony named Jasper Sun, had ran to the princesses quarters, warning her of the danger.

finding out what has happened, Crystal Heart dismisses Jasper Sun, telling him to go find safety and to send  message to her cousins, telling them that the Empire was under attack. Using a teleportation spell, she flashes into the throne room. She didn't know where he was, but she knew that he would find her. The idea of Sombra turning evil surprised her. He was Star Swirld's other student. He always seemed very nice, and extremely talented with his magic. She just couldn't understand how somepony who has always been so nice her, would hurt her kingdom.

Like she had expected, Sombra finds her sitting on the throne. "Crystal, I see that you're out of your quarters."

Standing up, she slowly walks to the center of the throne room, her hoof steps echoing against the walls. " How could I stay in them when you're running around my palace terrorizing my subjects... What have you done with my parents?" She couldn't help but to think that they should have been woken by somepony, and been here by now.

Sombra lets out a deep chilling laugh. "Your parents, let's just say that they will never wake up again."

Tears swell up at the corner of her eyes. She couldn't believe that her parents would be gone, just like that. "You're lying!"

Sombra sighs, "I would never lie to you. To Luna, but never to you."

Appalled she stumbles back, trying to keep herself from falling apart. Her parents were hundreds of years old, not as old as most Alicorns, but they were extremely powerful. Sombra himself was very talented and powerful, but he doesn't have that kind of power to completely over power two Alicorns... Unless he had borrowed dark magic from somepony or something. "Are you going to kill me as well?" She asks, trying to hold a brave face.

"No, I'm going to make you my bride." Sombra grins evilly.

"I would never marry you! You've killed my parents, you're terrorizing the ponies I care about! The only thing you can expect from me is a fight!"

"Oh, Princess. I wouldn't do that If I were you."

As her horn glows blue with magic, a shadow grabs her leg, yanking her. Instead of aiming at Sombra, she aims at the shadow to free herself, shoots a beam of magic at it. She turns around darkness surrounds her. Grasping her tightly, and covering her horn, making her completely powerless. He brings her closer to him, until they're eye to eye. With a smile he softly says, "You will marry me. But until then, you must sleep." He casts a spell that pulls her into a deep slumber. Any powerful pony can awaken her, so he hidden her in one of the many secret rooms he created in the palace. He had done everything he could. All that was left was to claim the Throne as his, and prepare for Celestia's and Luna's attack. From then on, he had everything in his hoofs, and surely, he was going to create hell for anypony who would try to stop him.



© 2017 Crystyn .M. Brooks


Author's Note

Crystyn .M. Brooks
The prologue is going to be the only chapter in third person.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on October 23, 2017
Last Updated on October 24, 2017
Tags: My Little Pony, Fanfiction, Crystal Heart


Author

Crystyn .M. Brooks
Crystyn .M. Brooks

Hagerstown , MD



About
I love writing fiction, one day being a successful author is my dream. I want to share my stories and ideas to the world. Writing is my passion and I hope all who read my stories can see that, and app.. more..

Writing