Dwelling  Within

Dwelling Within

A Poem by Daniela Diaz
"

This pretty much describes the feeling of the fear of admitting that we aren't always as strong as we make it seem to world. Just thoughts i wrote down on a very mellow laid back night.

"
I think that as people who are full of so much hope we tend to have so much expectations in life. 
We view things as if they will  happen and will somehow work out. 
Often we try to stay as positive as we can so we don't swim in our own anxiety, but then those nights come crawling, the nights in which we dwell in our pains and inner cries. Everything we have repressed comes streaming out. 
The mask of positivity we wear comes lose and upon it coming lose rivers of shame pour out. 
What are we to do then? Are we to ignore those voices that whisper so very loud? 
We know that no one else can hear them but we walk with fear that they will become Audible to the world , but why fear? 
I truly believe it's more then just fear, it's more so the Shame of having to confess that the positivity you wore wasn't yours but just a layer of protection from the world surrounding you, but knowing that in all reality what you fear the most is what dwells inside you.

© 2016 Daniela Diaz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on May 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016

Author

Daniela Diaz
Daniela Diaz

Chicago, IL



About
"She always had that about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see things much to far, and of thoughts that wander off the edge of the world.-Joanne Harris Hi i'm Daniela, Im just a 22 year .. more..

Writing