What is Evident

What is Evident

A Story by Daniel Seward
"

A thought experiment on what is important in life

"

                                           What is Evident


People have been telling us what to think since we were little shavers.  We listened to some of it, rebelled against some of it and ignored a lot of the rest.


What I would like to do is perform a little thought experiment to see if we can learn what we really would like to attach significance to and pursue.  Some might say what we will find is determined by conditioning and our preconceived notions but even so we will discover what it is we feel strongly about.  Here's the thought experiment:


Get away from cell phones, the TV and other people.  Find a quiet spot and just sit there for a long time letting you thoughts flow.  Hopefully you do this on occasion so you know what your thought flow is like.  Now ask yourself the question:  What do I care about so much that I would like to take action and do something about?


Your answer is something that can give meaning to your life.  It will be your answer and even if you sense that it was given to you by someone else the fact remains that you selected that person and her message out of a whole world of possibilities.


I think it is important to get away from the bustle of life and ask deep questions of yourself.   It can serve to put you on the track of you own life and stay focused on it instead of being blow about from influence to influence like a kite in the wind.


Now, like Theroux wrote: "...just put the foundations under it."

© 2017 Daniel Seward


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 31, 2017
Last Updated on May 31, 2017
Tags: philosophy, meaning, importance, significance

Author

Daniel Seward
Daniel Seward

Grand Rapids, MN



About
I like nature, running, classical music, and I read everything. I have been writing a variety of genres over the years and was hoping I could get reviewed/read by interested parties. Most of my stuf.. more..

Writing