Captives of Ourselves:

Captives of Ourselves:

A Story by justdandy
"

That thing that you once had, now being stolen.

"

Edward was wondering in the middle of nowhere. The late, Autumn trees surrounding him. The peaks of mountains in front of him. The world getting ready for Winter. It was November, everything shedding it’s colors, everything turning bare.


“Where is it?”


The freedom that he had, was now lost. No, more like stolen. Stolen by the folks that guarded the town. Them holding their guns, dressed in white suits, looking like beehive farmers. Perhaps, his freedom wasn't stolen by them. No, perhaps it was stolen by the bloody-hell town. Yes, the town itself.


Yes, indeed the town he lived in was hell. The devil, himself lived in it. You couldn’t live a day without worrying about getting killed. Everyone who lived in that damned town, was trapped. No one could or would escape.


You would think that Edward did escape, since he was walking in the middle of nowhere. But my dears,Edward didn't escape. Not from the folks. Not from the guards. Not from the town. He just escaped from his thoughts. He just escaped from his mind. He just escaped from himself. Because he was the kidnapper of himself.


He came across a tall, big, barbed fence. “Well this is the end. This is the closest I will ever feel about being free.”  The “Dead End” layed in front of him. Edward started walking back.


My dear friends, let us remember this story. For everyone is stolen of their freedom. For everyone steals and kidnaps his/her own freedom. They say that this is a free country. But it is not. Not one country is. For everyone is the captive of guilt, shame, regret. We are all slaves at some point.

© 2015 justdandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you, Poetic Music for entering this into our contest. Submissions will be accepted until October 15th. Please tell any of your friends who may be interested about the contest as well. -- Melissa

Posted 8 Years Ago


Bravo! Masterfully written and thought provoking. Life is what you make it and hell is where you find it, unfortunately sometimes it is in your own town. Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

justdandy

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind words

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 23, 2015
Tags: stolen, freedom, free, liberty, itself, hunger games, Autumn, dark, devil, sad, kidnapped, slave.

Author

justdandy
justdandy

CA



About
"So who are you?" I am an European Smoothie. more..

Writing