Hide and Seek

Hide and Seek

A Story by justdandy
"

I guess we are all ourselves.

"

Hide-and-Seek

You know how sometimes you feel like running away? Running away from the world . Reality. Family. Life. But you can't, because how far can you run with only two legs? How far can you drive  without a driver license? How far can you go with no money?


And then you decide to not run away at all. Because, how will you live with having nothing? You just sit in your room. Everyone knocking on your door asking those idiotic questions: Are you alright? What happened, sweetie? Who hurt you? Why are you like this? When I was your age, I would run around in the fields picking up daisies. I would hang out with friends. Why can't you be like a normal child? Why are you so quiet?


You get tortured with these questions. And they want you to open up. They want to read you like an encyclopedia. But you don't want to open up. You want to be private. You want to stay closed. You want to keep on hiding in that Hide-and-Seek game.


Your close ones think that you are depressed. They think that you were in love, and got your heart broken. They think that you need to visit a therapist. They think this was all their fault. That they didn't watch over you. That they missed you growing up.


But No, you are not depressed. And maybe you were in love. And perhaps you did get your heart broken. But, you are not a book to be read. You are a diary to be written. You don't need to talk to a specialist. And No, it was not their fault. They always watched over you. They didn't miss that episode when you grew up. It is just that you grew up quickly. You grew up in a small amount of time.


You are just quiet. You are just shy. You are just private. You are just closed in. They don't need to understand you. All you need is to understand yourself. And if you don't understand yourself, then do something that will make you understand.


Draw your profile. Paint yourself. Play your heart out. Write your own story.




© 2015 justdandy


Author's Note

justdandy
I was pondering over the idea of writing this for over a week already. And didn't know where and how to start. Then finally yesterday, I got my laptop out, pulled out a new google doc. and began writing. I edited this piece about 8 times. And this is what I got at the end. Hope you like it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing! I love it. One of the most relatable short stories i've ever heard. Wonderful.
- Isabella

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is very good writing. I wanted to read more.
"Draw your profile. Paint yourself. Play your heart out. Write your own story."
You create life, struggle and possibilities. I like the above lines. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind review.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
Whoa. This is literally the story of my life. I very much relate with this story~ People in life have always been like "Why are you so quiet?" It's like "Dude, I was just born this way." I wish people understand that quiet does not always equal depressed. It's more like reserved...and this is what this story is bringing up.

And WOW YOU REVISED IT LIKE EIGHT TIMES LIKE OMG.

Nice work, my friend~ This story needs to spread like wildfire~!

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

Awww. Thank you soo much. I am glad that you could reflect this into your personal life. It was just.. read more
The human body suffers a growth spurt and people pay no attention to the problems it brings you, but the angst from growth your mind and spirit go through and people put you under a magnifying glass. Great topic and well written. Standing Ovation! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Posted 8 Years Ago


justdandy

8 Years Ago

You always bring me such joy and happiness with your reviews. I thank you for all pf your kind words.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015
Tags: depression, love, heart broken, pressure, writing, passion, teanager, you, world, family

Author

justdandy
justdandy

CA



About
"So who are you?" I am an European Smoothie. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Mirror Broken Mirror

A Story by pia