Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

A Chapter by Dawn Dreamer

Skye Dormer
My gracefulness had never gotten me anywhere. Perhaps that was because I simply didn't have any. Gracefulness, that is. I had bumped into four people already on my way to Starbucks, and I was slowly getting used to the routine. Step, step, step, BUMP, apologize, step, step, step... you get the idea. I could see the green Starbucks sign up ahead, and I quickened my pace, shooting looks around me, hoping fervently there wouldn't be any more... unpleasant encounters. 

I breathed a sigh of relief as I entered the cozy little shop and made my way to the line in front of the counter. I thanked God it wasn't such a long line. I was in desperate need of coffee, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to last another ten minutes without it. Plus I might throw in a muffin while I was at it. Although my mother's home- made ones were way better, the Starbucks muffins were decent enough.

''Hi, what can I get you?'' a female voice reached my ears and I looked up and gave my order, before rummaging in my purse for money. I gave my name and walked to the end of the counter, where I got my coffee and muffin and payed. I glanced at my phone briefly, noting that it was almost eight o'clock. I was early today. I had a whole half hour before I had to be at North Gale High, the building that was my very own living hell. 

School was horrible. Not that I got extremely bad grades, but I hated doing the work, getting homework, and most of all, I hated the students. Not all of them, of course, there were a couple of good ones scattered among the devils, but most of them were my own personal torture. 

Take Mikayla Denham for instance. She was your stereotypical blonde, barbie-faced, fake cheerleader with a crappy attitude. Ever since her crush declared his undying love on me in first grade, she had hated my guts. Over the years, I had started to hate her guts as well, instead of feeling sympathetic, like I used to. (I hadn't even liked the guy back!)

I was no match for her in beauty, that was true. Where she had long, beach blonde hair, and a perfect Grecian nose, I had shoulder length dark blonde hair and a slightly upturned nose peppered with freckles. She had beautifully tanned skin, I had a pale skin that sun burnt but never tanned. Her figure was slender and athletic, while mine was curvy and short. I wasn't obese, or chubby (not that that mattered), but I wasn't your typical model body either. In one way, I envied her, in another, I was thankful I didn't look like her. Imagine all the hate I would get then!

I heard my phone go off and I started digging in my bag to find where I had tossed it. I muttered in frustration as I felt my keys, purse and notebooks, but typically not my phone. My hand had finally clasped around the slim, cool shape of my phone, when I felt myself crash into someone. Again. Only worse. 

I looked up, my eyes widening as I took in the sight in front of me. A formerly neat white t-shirt was now splattered with hot brown coffee. A dreaded feeling was arising in me. Why was I so clumsy? Slowly, I lifted my eyes to meet the stranger's gaze that I'm sure was now smoldering with anger. 

My lips parted as I met his eyes. They were sky blue, with swirls of dusky grey, and as I had predicted, they were smoldering with anger, somehow adding to the magnificence. I had never seen any eyes like those in my life. Suddenly, I remembered what had happened and I blinked, coming back to reality.

''I am so sorry!'' I gasped out, rummaging in my bag for a tissue or a handkerchief. I finally found one and looked up, only to find the mystery guy pushing past me without another word. He stalking away as fast as he could, leaving me standing there with a tissue in my hand, dazed.

People were casting sympathetic glances at my lone figure and I shivered a little, even though it hadn't gotten that cold yet. I buttoned up my jacket and thrust the tissue back into my bag, my eyebrows furrowing. Sure, I had spilled coffee on him, but he didn't need to be so rude about the whole thing. It wasn't like I had done it on purpose. I wouldn't waste my precious coffee like that, anyway. 

I tried focusing on where I was going, and I managed to get to North Gale without upsetting anybody else, a thing I was very grateful for. 

Now I only needed to get through the day without any more scrapes.


© 2015 Dawn Dreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the part where you compared the protagonist to the other girl. That was nicely done.

Somehow it took a while for me to figure out the person in this chapter was not in fact the angel of the previous. When it was mentioned that the protagonist was a girl, i was a little confused because i knew the Angel was a guy. Then i realized they were not the same person. I might have not payed enough attention, but you could try to casually mention the person is in fact female at the start of the chapter. That might prevent the confusion.

However, i really enjoyed this chapter, and i have a feeling the person she spilled coffee on was the Angel of the Introduction.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dawn Dreamer

8 Years Ago

You're right! I actually never noticed that. I do have her name at the start of the chapter, but the.. read more



Reviews

I liked the part where you compared the protagonist to the other girl. That was nicely done.

Somehow it took a while for me to figure out the person in this chapter was not in fact the angel of the previous. When it was mentioned that the protagonist was a girl, i was a little confused because i knew the Angel was a guy. Then i realized they were not the same person. I might have not payed enough attention, but you could try to casually mention the person is in fact female at the start of the chapter. That might prevent the confusion.

However, i really enjoyed this chapter, and i have a feeling the person she spilled coffee on was the Angel of the Introduction.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dawn Dreamer

8 Years Ago

You're right! I actually never noticed that. I do have her name at the start of the chapter, but the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015


Author

Dawn Dreamer
Dawn Dreamer

Profile picture isn't me!!, United Kingdom



About
Hey!! I'm Dawn Dreamer, but you can call me Dawn. I love any genre books from Romance to Science Fiction or Chick Flick, except Horror or Thriller... I love writing Fantasy, since I have a very big.. more..

Writing