Humans: they're not just for eating anymore

Humans: they're not just for eating anymore

A Chapter by Absentee Reality Check
"

the introduction to world i've created

"

When we lose something close to ourselves, and the cold grasping hands of fear close around our hearts, a person changes. Inside a once warm and compassionate person a core of frozen emotion forms. You lose the thing that made you who you were as it grows larger until that hate, that need for vengeance, dominates, and it becomes all that you are. That is when you are truly born, that is when you become a wraith. One of the creature of the dark, that go bump in the night, that keep the waking day safe and sound as they lie in their beds at night, you become that cold comfort that something stands between them and the ever deepening blackness and corruption of evil. Only when all that is bright and good about yourself disappears can you truly become one of the force that protects it. When a wraith smiles in its face a little evil retreats and a big evil will think twice. The service calls people form all walks of life, from the slums to the big country houses but inside we are all the same we all burn with anger, anger at the world and fury at the evil that made us see the world as it really is, the evil that stole our innocence from us and created us as we are now. We are called heartless and cruel, murderers and liars, we are hunted and jailed, but in the end they can’t get us all, and in the end they need us. Because we are that last line of defense between the people going about their everyday lives and the creatures that would happily prey on them given the chance. So we stay hidden change our names become so called horrible people and hunt in pack through the shadows to catch and kill the nightmares that hide there. We burn the Bloodpyres in their nests and butcher the rouges in their bed and in the light of day we hid behind masks of civility and Armani suits, perfect hair and done up nails. We looked the part of a normal person and no one question the visions we presented. No on e ever will, if we do our jobs right. While you are here you will learn how to kill in the dark how to murder blind how to behead by feel, but you will also learn to be invisible how to do the job inconspicuously and undetectably. You will learn to be the savior that no one ever sees, that is if you survive that long. Graduation will be in three years and if you make it you will choose your new name then, until then you are a number and nothing else. No personal items or connections are allowed, and once you take the virus you will be tested once again for acceptability. If you pass you will be the next and newest line of defense against the darkness and those who live there.



© 2008 Absentee Reality Check


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so amazing!. I love your style of writing. I felt like I knew exactly what you were talking about. Fantastic.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 21, 2008


Author

Absentee Reality Check
Absentee Reality Check

VA



About
MyMottos- how i live my life " The Bible Contains six admonismanet to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonisments to heterosexuals.That dosen't mean God dosen't love heterosexuals, he ju.. more..

Writing