Life and Love

Life and Love

A Story by Joshua Design

The meaning of life is love.  This sounds cliche as the dorky poem you wrote your girlfriend for valentines day but it still remains true.  I have come to this conclusion after years of thought (which is a large portion of my life considering I'm only 19.)  I BELIEVE, and this is saying a lot for a man who uses the word with such caution, that God, if you will, created us because He wanted to have someone to give and receive love from.  I have been able to come to this conclusion based on the scripture that states we are created in His image.  Of course this can not mean a physical image because God is not bound by our physical realm.  Instead, if one looks at his own values- unchanging facts of what is good- then he is viewing the things that God reflected into us.  Our flaws as humans distort theses basic, unchanging morals, but nevertheless they ring true.  Therefore if we feel the need to be needed, wanted, and loved, God must feel the same way.  This makes Him sound selfish, but are we not selfish beings?  At any rate the first goal we have as humans is to love God.  Religions disagree and debate on how to do this.  Our second goal is to love everyone around us.  If we can show a true and pure love, then others will know a small taste of God's love and seek him and spread it.

© 2012 Joshua Design


Author's Note

Joshua Design
All comments are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012
Tags: life, love, meaning, purpose