Recreation

Recreation

A Poem by Moonflower



We felt the Moonlight
on our skin
We danced,
around
The firelight

As our hands, Our fingers
Brushed
The Heavens
A feather light
embrace

And Our Love
gave birth to a trillion stars

© 2012 Moonflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is beautiful...the imagery is gorgeous. I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful evocation of "as above, so below." We are stardust, golden, and the ineffable power of Love links and illumines all beings, all worlds, all dimensions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


dig the last two lines, "and our love gave birth to a trillion stars" - sounds almost mythical.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A beautiful poem of love. The lines were strong and create vision of love and a paradise. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Short and very sweet :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the lines "And Our Love/ gave birth to a trillion stars." I think that it is a fresh thought that does not carry the burden of too many beaten cliches. I think it insinuates both a physical creation and a universal level of creation which is really nice. With that said, I think the emotional energy of the poem crests there and the last two lines are not necessary. Those lines about the stars suggest creation and possible act as a double entendre which depicts a sexual climax. Therefore, we already know that you want to die in your lovers arms and that the speaker in the poem has, in some way, already done that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is beautiful and passionate work.
Warmed my heart. This is the feeling we
all dream of.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 19, 2012

Author

Moonflower
Moonflower

Louisville, KY



About
Hello :) My name is Desiree. What brings me to this website is my love for poetry and storytelling. At this time I consider myself more of a poet, than a writer or author. I do not have the pa.. more..

Writing
New New

A Poem by Moonflower


Sheets Sheets

A Poem by Moonflower



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Unstory Unstory

A Poem by Moonflower