Darkness of the Shadow

Darkness of the Shadow

A Story by Dez H.
"

I am so proud of this, my daughter wants to be a writer so we put this together. I wrote a line then she wrote a line and it ended up being the tightest s**t. We recently got a hundred views.

"

           Darkness of the Shadow

 

Little things surround me.                              

 Can you tell me what it is? It’s probably life or me seeing things.

In the darkness they rise like shadows emerging from the bowels of the abyss.

They surround me day by day. Sometimes I think it is demons around.

But they disguise themselves as the ones I am close to. Friends, cohorts, comrades, family, lovers, haters, and well-wishers.  

Are you any of them? Please tell me. I want to know so I can solve this problem. Just tell me who you are now.

So I won’t have to suffer later.

Please just get rid of the shadows surrounding me.

Tonight when I go to sleep I will have nightmares of tough decisions I will have to make the next day.

Screams of whispers coming from the dark corner that the sun shines in by the plant that withers one leaf an hour and replaces it with already dead flowers. 

Demons will take my place and I will yours so all of this will end.

Close your eyes and I will keep mine open just to see you stay alive.

Wait why you stay alive when you’re just a bad soul.

I wish you would leave me alone.

© 2013 Dez H.


Author's Note

Dez H.
Me and my daughter did this together. She's as demented as I am with her writings and she also writes music. She was happy to see our works on here because she loves to read the stories and poetry and like any proud father i love to see my children smile so we hope you like it, but if you don't... oh well we'll keep doin what we do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this :) Though some poetry can be demented doesn't mean it's any less captivating.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dez H.

11 Years Ago

Thank you. You have really made me and my daughters day. She seen that we had 9 views and she went w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1233 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on February 21, 2013

Author

Dez H.
Dez H.

Indpls., IN



About
To the man with an ear for verbal delicacies- the man who searches painfully for the perfect word, and puts the way of saying a thing above the thing said- there is in writing the constant joy of sudd.. more..

Writing