Manolito the Mouse

Manolito the Mouse

A Story by Ryan McAuley
"

a piece of writing inspired by real events

"

Manolito had no where to go. The silly woman thought he would fall for a simple trap like that? He could not help but squeak a laugh from his hiding place. With whiskers twitching he poked his head out from under the cabinet. The cats were somewhere nearby, he could smell them. His little nose started to work furiously as he smelled the peanut butter again. He knew he had gotten fat, and it was about time he started a diet, but today really was the worst time to start. At least there wasn’t cheese, his nose would have taken control of his body then. His friends had called him fat, his wife had left because she thought he was a “glutton”. That’s what started this whole thing, why he had first entered this house wanting the cats to tear him to pieces. He himself was surprised that he had wobbled his way fast enough, when fear had struck him, to this hiding spot. He realized it he couldn’t go back to that life. The door opened and a different person came in, followed by the two cats. “This is where it ends!” He was sure his squeaky voice could be heard by the whole world.

© 2008 Ryan McAuley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really nice, Ryan. I liked it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting. Animal suicide.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Ryan McAuley
Ryan McAuley

RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk, United Kingdom



About
I was born in the city of Landstuhl in Germany. At the time my father was in the Air Force so from there we moved to Texas, then to Arizona. We lived there until my father retired from the Air Forc.. more..

Writing
in work in work

A Story by Ryan McAuley


progress progress

A Story by Ryan McAuley


In Work In Work

A Story by Ryan McAuley