Ruby's Story: A Recount Of The Past

Ruby's Story: A Recount Of The Past

A Story by Some Random Person.
"

A dog finds a very good home with... a child!

"

Ruby was sad. She wouldn’t get adopted. Well that and other things. The dogs next to her cage were just creeps. One a violent pit bull, ready to be given the shot, the other a sweet, down to earth, golden retriever. Then there were the others around her, a yapping Yorkie, a staring Rottweiler, and two small Papillons. Most of them barking crazily whenever a person walked through the door.  

                Then, one day, an excited worker named Lily, came to my cage and said, “Ruby, oh you good girl! Ready for the fair?” I only wagged my short, noisy tail excitedly thinking, “Fair? Are you kidding? Will someone adopt me?” That’s every dog’s wish: to be adopted.

                Well the fair was boring for the most part. I had to wear a white cone around my head and neck because I kept licking this huge red spot that kept on hurting. What’d you expect? A person who knows how to control one’s own curiosity? Sorry, but one, I’m not a person. I’m a dog. An Australian Shepherd, to be specific. Two, I’ve never had this sort of thing happen to me before.  Besides, it tasted like blood, I didn’t know why it did, but it did.

                Anyway, I was just sitting there letting millions of people to look at me. None of them actually could pay for me. That is until this white woman, around the age of 45, with wavy dark brown hair. It wasn’t black, but close. You know how navy blue can sometimes fool you? Well that’s what her hair was like. Anyways, she had on makeup, dang, did it smell. She also had on this pungent smell on her, like that plant that keeps mosquitoes away. Dang, did that perfume stink! 

© 2010 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Not finished yet. Still in progress.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 5, 2010

Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing