Mary's Night

Mary's Night

A Story by Shamrock
"

A short story about the husband telling his wife who is blind about the night sky

"
     The night sky is a beautiful black, which is almost the color was when we were first married, Mary.  The sky is so clear that I can see the neighbor's building that is down the road.  Tonight I see some clouds that look like they are trying to stretch across the sky and are barely restrained by the moon.  The moon and the clouds remind me of your soft, silvery curls try to escape your grandmother's hair clip that you like to wear, ( the one with the big white pearl in it).  Tonight the twinkling stars (that are high in the sky) remind me of the spots of sliver that you kitted in the sweater, that you made for me a long time ago for my birthday.  The bright twinkling stars ( that are high in the sky) remind me of the highlights in your hair and how your eyes appear to dance and sparkle when you laugh.  The same stars also remind me of the time when you let Sally spray that sparkly stuff in your hair for Halloween.  Do you remember how we laughed and agreed that your hair do looked very eye catching?  The night sky is a joy to behold indeed, but its beauty is only second to yours, my Mary.

© 2010 Shamrock


Author's Note

Shamrock
Please let me know what you think about it. I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks.
Shamrock

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

romantic...beautiful.i think Sham,you should change the genre, call it a jumbled poem rather than a story...as far as beauty is concerned.it twinkles and shines.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your writing is really good and i didn't find any spelling errors.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Shamrock
Shamrock

Windham Center, Ontario, Canada



About
I love to write poems, short stories and stories of all kinds and would love to receive and give constructive to any who would wish it. more..

Writing
            Bingo Bingo

A Story by Shamrock