Fate

Fate

A Story by Donna
"

Short story

"

          After school she walks home the same as she does everyday. She is tired and walking slow carrying all her books and homework she has from her 8th grade class.
She is thinking about Corey, the cutest boy. Today at lunch he walked by and said hi. She was to shy to reply.

          The next day she dressed nice and fixed her hair cute. She walked to school with all her books and homework.
As soon as she got to school, she dropped one of her books,
she bent down to pick it up and Corey was standing there.
He said hi to her again and introduced himself. She told him hi and told him her name is Kathy. They walked to class together.

          Kathy could hardly concentrate on her work, all she could think about was Corey and she just smiled.He sat in front of her in Math class. Corey handed her a piece of paper all folded up hoping the teacher wouldnt see. Kathy opened the paper and it said, "Kathy, would you go to the dance with me this friday night." She was in shock. She didnt know what to do. Class was over and they all walked out.

          Corey stopped her in the hallway and asked her why she didnt respond. Kathy told him that she would love to go to the dance with him. They both smiled and walked to there next class.

          After school Corey saw Kathy leaving school, he ran over to her and asked if he could have her phone number. She gave him the number and headed for home with the biggest smile ever.

          When she got home she ran upstairs to her room and layed on her bed thinking of Corey and hoping he would call her. She did her homework and then had dinner. She told her parents all about Corey and the dance.

          Her Mother took her to the mall to find the perfect dress for the dance. Kathy picked out a cute white dress with lace on it. Her Mother agreed. She also picked out her shoes and jewelery. She was all set.

          The dance is tomorrow and Kathy is nervous, Corey hasnt called her and he didnt say much to her at school today. She started to think maybe he didnt want to go with her. She came home crying and went to bed. Then the phone rang and it was Corey. He told her he looked forward to the dance tomorrow. Kathy was on cloud 9 again.

          Her Mother helped her get ready for the big dance, she even let her put on a little makeup since it was a special occasion. Kathy looked like a princess. The dance starts at 8 and its already 7, she was getting a bit nervous.

          Kathy sat on the couch and waiting for Corey to arrive, It was getting late now and he wasnt there yet. By 9 Kathy ran upstairs crying. Her Mother comforted her till she fell asleep in her pretty dress.

          Kathy woke in the morning, took her dress off and put on her shorts and tshirt. She was so upset, she couldnt stop crying. What could of happend? Why didnt he take her to the dance? She just couldnt figure it out.

          Corey was the first boy that has asked Kathy out, thats why it was so special to her. She always dreamed about having a boy like her and she thought Corey did.

          That evening as Kathy was getting ready to go to bed, her Mother came in her room and told her that they needed to talk. They both sat on the bed and her Mother said, "Kathy, I just recieved a phone call from Coreys Mother, she told me why Corey didnt pick you up for the dance. He was all ready to go, then he went into the bathroom for one more look in the mirror and he tripped and hit his head on the bathtub, he died immediatly."

          Kathy didnt say a word, just tears ran down her face. Her Mother left the room to give Kathy time alone.
The tears wouldn't stop, Kathy got up and ran to the bathroom to get a tissue, she tripped on the cats toy and hit her head on the bathtub, she died immediately!

              The End


         

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

maybe they are really meant to be together after all

Posted 6 Years Ago


Donna

6 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read, Fate. I appreciate it. Yes, maybe they were meant to be together.. read more
sette

6 Years Ago

well at least now they are both happy
I thought this was a very emotional, saddening piece until Kathy tripped herself. I don't know whether this was meant to be a funny piece or an evocative one but i did have a good chuckle in the end. Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Donna

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. Yes, it was meant to be kind of funny! Thanks for taking the time to read.
Zoya

6 Years Ago

My pleasure
Reviews, Comments, would be appreciated! Thank you for reading!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 24, 2018
Last Updated on March 24, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing