Wildfire

Wildfire

A Poem by Lauren
"

This wildfire love burnt itself down.

"

And what did I learn?


I learned that a wildfire can be put out overnight;

that the flavor of someones mouth and heart and skin can be burned from your tongue and replaced with acid and rust and dirt,


I learned that there are no directions for loving someone, and no instructions on how to bring them back, no matter how many nights you spend screaming at the moon, with your whole heart bursting under the stars and your insides swelling up with everything you've lost.


I learned how to cut and clean and bandage; go to sleep and wait until the next night then repeat.


I learned that the dreams don't stop even when you ask them to,

and that the people you love become ghosts of somebodies you once knew.


I learned that someone can love you, but that doesn't mean they'll stay,

And I learned that even when the world ends, it's still going the next day.

© 2014 Lauren


Author's Note

Lauren
Don't know why the words are so close together... try to read around it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Directness and harshness in the words.
"I learned that someone can love you, but that doesn't mean they'll stay,
And I learned that even when the world ends, it's still going the next day."
I don't know. I believe love is difficult. You need two people with same needs at the same time, same place and can find each other. Hard to do. I believe love is like leggos. Find places together and become stronger with life experiences. Need to built a strong love. Ain't easily done. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. Made me think this morning.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


that was awesome!!! it is set up really cool :) :) it tells a great story in short form :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lauren

9 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome lauren, i really liked it :)
wow, it seems like you've had such painful heartbreak just by looks of your poem. Nice. It means you've done a good job conveying your message. Yeah, you've got rhyming here which is good. I like the choice of lines as well. Keep it up. :-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lauren

9 Years Ago

Painful heartbreak makes the best poetry.
This is so nice of you to say! Thank you :)
I noticed in your "About Me" you said you don't do rhyming; however, I see a lot of rhymes here! Don't rule out any type of poetic mode or approach. You'd be surprised what works for you.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Lauren

9 Years Ago

It was something I tried out :) Thank you for your lovely comment!
Sounds like a lot has been learnt, very interesting. Even when people get older they still learn something new everyday. I'm only 17 and I have a lot more years filled with learning. Nicely penned. :-))

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lauren

9 Years Ago

I'm 17 too! :D Hi!
Thank you so much!
♔ CrownedDevil ☾

9 Years Ago

Lol, and your very welcome. :-)))
Sounds like you learned a lot. Great read for sure. Lessons that everyone has to learn sooner or later. Screaming at the moon, love that phrase.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2014
Last Updated on December 7, 2014
Tags: love, life, heartbreak, fire

Author

Lauren
Lauren

About
Hi, I'm Lauren! I'm 17 and I've been on this website for 2 years. If you've got any questions feel free to ask - I try to be an open book. Feel free to send me a friend request or Read Requests. I .. more..

Writing
First Love First Love

A Poem by Lauren


My Cure My Cure

A Poem by Lauren



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Jess.


Dad Dad

A Poem by Girl With A Pen