Ode to my love

Ode to my love

A Poem by Eleise Trenda
"

I wrote this for a guy in my life, whom I love deeply, but couldn't express how I felt about the subject of sex and experience.This is very personal, but venerability is honorable & I wanted to share.

"
--Ode To My Love-- 
Written as a Voicemail:

Hi,
I’m calling to tell you, I’m sorry. 
For getting defensive when you tell me you want to have sex. With my body--Or maybe with me myself--I don’t know, 
You see, My body has already experienced sex. 
Already felt pain, already felt the rough love and skin of another, or a couple, on my skin.

So forgive me when I say I don’t look at you and instantly think about all the things I could do to you. And your body.
Yes, I am attracted to you and I want you to only be mine.
Yes, Ive has sex 3 times by an invitation only given to my body.
Yes, with 3 different guys whom I never loved, or cared about, or even friends, but never am I included to the sessions. Separation of body and self.
It happens... and then I don’t talk about it. A thoughtless description of what sex is. A heartless action which love had no invitation.

So yeah, my views on love have changed since I met you.
My view of sex changed when I was 10 by a older man teaching me how to shape and form my words to spit fire and fill any desire. Sexualize my ability to speak. Sexualizing this meat suit we call a body.
Making me feel the need to act older, talk more mature -Be inviting. Love shown to me was driven by lust and getting it done.
But my love for you has stayed consistent and driven by my lack of words when I hear your name, see you face, everlasting butterflies that apparently never die.
And I don’t know why.

So, When you say I give you feelings no one else can give, I relate in every way.
But... you still are a dagger in me. Maybe that’s part of love...
There are a lot of things I have done that are worth regretting but the one thing I do regret is not remembering the first time I showed you myself.

                   Not remembering my own venerability.
                                                                                Not remembering my own worth.
      Wasted.
                          Intoxicated.
Flashbacks of ‘I love you’s’ and more drowning my mind with alcohol as the last message I read, “I enjoyed you” rings in my head.

So forgive me when I get defensive when you say you want to have sex.
Forgive me when I say I WANT to have sex...It’s just a pattern I’ve drilled into myself, not realizing what I’ve said until it’s to late.
I try to take back the things I’ve said, done, but I can’t take back the past and my past is you.
I do love you. But I don’t want to have sex with you.
 Don’t want to fit you into my patterns, have you join the mascaraed; as I don’t want to wear a mask with you.
I enjoyed you. I enjoyed you. I enjoyed you.
As I am a feast and your took pleasure.
But so has many others. And I didn’t want you to get my 
                                                                                              scattered 
                                               pieces.

So forgive me when I say I don’t look at you and instantly think about all the things I could do to you. And your body. Sex has taken a very perverted toll on me,
Me saying I don’t want to have sex with you, is me saying I am madly in love with you.

I’ve had sex 3 times with 3 different guys, myself only allowed to come if I bring the feast, the show labeled as my body.
My heart is longing to be in the center of the party where I don’t feel the need to put on a mask�"But I’m not there yet.
And I’m tired of saying I’m sorry because I’m not. I just love you for you and need to be loved without my body being lead.
I just need you to honor that.

© 2018 Eleise Trenda


Author's Note

Eleise Trenda
I wrote this for a guy in my life, whom I love deeply, but couldn't express how I felt about the subject of sex and experience.This is more on the personal level of things, but venerability is honorable,I think & I felt I could share. Maybe your experiencing the same or similar feelings! Not looking for critiquing just because it was a legit letter, but feel free to share your thoughts! I always want to hear how my writings have impacted people or how I can get a better approach! Thank you all!
-ERT

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Meaningful to you because you know the story attached to it. But for anyone else, it's someone they know nothing about talking TO someone who has not been introduced, about personal things for which the reader has no context. So as a story, it doesn't work because the reader has only a high level overview, and has not been made to live the events.

Instead of experiencing the story in real time, all the reader can do is say, "Awww...poor baby." But you want them to empathize, not sympathize. Right?

As poetry when we read, "So yeah, my views on love have changed since I met you." What can it mean to a reader who doesn't know how they changed, what they changed to, or what changed them? And, how poetically is the line expressed?

For you who knows the story behind it, it works. But your intent for how the reader SHOULD take the words doesn't make it to the page. So all the reader has is what the words suggest to them, based on what they've been told to any given point, and their experience and background.

In short, while it's meaningful to you, the words should act as a self-guided trail, and provide context for the reader as they move from beginning to end.

Not what you were hoping for, I know, but still, hang in there, and keep on writing.

Jay Greenstein
https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/

Posted 5 Years Ago


Eleise Trenda

5 Years Ago

Thank you! I totally agree. I know there is a lot of things I need to work on as a writer and my app.. read more
JayG

5 Years Ago

Think about cause and effect. If you tell me cause, I will probably think of what In would do. When .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
/
i don't think your approach could be any better. communication is the key to understanding and your story is sad and needs to be told before you're with anyone. i'm sorry you had to be in such deplorable situations in your life

Posted 5 Years Ago


Eleise Trenda

5 Years Ago

Thank you. I mean people go through a lot in life, its not always easy, but I am honored to have lea.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2018
Last Updated on May 1, 2018
Tags: Spoken word, Poetry, Relationships, Love, Ode, Voicemail, Narrative, Romance, Sex

Author

Eleise Trenda
Eleise Trenda

Longview, WA



About
I am a 15 years old aspiring singer/songwriter and writer from Washington state. Poetry and music have gotten me through a lot of tough times in my life and I want to be able to share my story and mus.. more..

Writing
Games Games

A Story by Eleise Trenda