MY CYBER FRIEND

MY CYBER FRIEND

A Poem by Ellen Hammond

 

 

  

Maybe we were passionate lovers,

 Another  world, ’haps   different   life.

Rarely  has  my  soul  felt   connected,

Known, embraced, beloved, as if a wife.

  

Though in the flesh we have never met,

E-mails help us  build our bond, so  true;

Aglow with friendship, love, and  laughter,

Growing  deeper,  and   very   special   too.

  

Until our paths crossed I had doubted,

Each relationship formed in cyber space;

Reasoning  that  some  may  well  pretend,

Omit  their faults, as you can’t see their face.  

 

Although caution has been my motto,

Real life’s taught  me, eyes can  also lie.

Kindred  souls   might   well, unite   online,

Entwined  in  cyber  cords,  they  can’t  deny.

 

 

 

 

© 2009 Ellen Hammond


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Ellen,

This is a charming piece that is full of wisdom. Yes, real conversations, whether or not over the internet, are what bring us together. Here we feel your heart being tugged by another, and we hear your mind cautioning: "Is this true, can I believe?" This is always true even in face-to-face interactions. In the end, only time can tell.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lovely true words, my best friends are here, in the cafe, the people who know and understand and love me the best all live right here

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Lizanne .. Cupid's arrow has no boudaries.
I think sometimes we are more ourselves here in cyberland than
in our habitat. For me this is so.. i have no friends who care for poetry and such
or reading mine .. here i do .. among other things.
Sometimes it is easier to talk with a 'stranger' about some things.

The poem is beautifully written .. it shows the love being felt and yes, your
interjection of lying eyes is so true .. we can meet someone in person who turns out to be less than is shown , we can do that here as well i think your poem sums the story of cyber-love well.
Of course it happens all the time..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful tribute to a cyber friend.
Very well written and flows smoothly.
And you're right, people lie in person as well as in cyber-space. After my son's first wife died of cancer. He met a girl on the internet and she has since became his wife. My son had two small children, she had one and now they have one together and they are very happy. They have been together now for 12 years. It can work. One has to be careful but then in real life we also to be careful.
I met my husband one night when I was 17. We exchanged names. I fell instantly in love with him. The next morning he called me and we talked for about 8 hours. ( no joke) At the end of the our long conversation he asked me what marriage meant to me. I told him and then he asked me if I would marry him. I screamed with happiness. lol I said Yes. The next day August 20, 1968 at 2:pm we got married and although we have had problems and arguments as every couple does. There has never been anything to big that we couldn't work through it. We have 4 children and 12 grandchildren. This past August we celebrated our 41st anniversary. I know this sounds strange but its the absolute truth. If we fell in love at first glance without knowing a thing about the other and we have made it . Then why can't cyber love ?

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dear Ellen,

This is a charming piece that is full of wisdom. Yes, real conversations, whether or not over the internet, are what bring us together. Here we feel your heart being tugged by another, and we hear your mind cautioning: "Is this true, can I believe?" This is always true even in face-to-face interactions. In the end, only time can tell.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

very cute poem. i hope that your cyber friendship lasts for a long long time and be worthy of it.

very enjoyable poem. I'm glad that you found someone special, even online.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ohhhh So very true Ellen. My thoughts entirely so well presented by yourself of course. As my wee poem "You Just Know" says.....well...you literally do..just know.
Thanks for sharing Ellen
Babs xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

An amazing tribute to this fellow, or lady, whomever they might be, as well as to caution and prudence. I hope he realizes what a lucky fellow he is, to have a mighty heart such as yours in his thrall. You speak truly when you say that eyes can also lie, so where's the harm in bonding-without-touching? No harm, I say; friendship and (dare I say), even LOVE are goals ever to be reached for, via whatever medium presents itself!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh what lovely imaginative reasoning..I have always thought about online relations,
friendships ,always wondered how truthful they could be,come reason with me..
If you like the others thoughts and words like we find some truthful friends here
and dont we always say the looks dont count much ,but the soul ,a lovely soul
that could pull you with words like magic..I dont know about the other how he or she looks like her age
her behaviuor ..but her thoughts the way she reasons and reply to you
her or his writing could tell a lot..ohh especially here you could know a lot about
that person,you could get so much attached to him or her..the mere reason that
you could never know for sure is very intriguing,it always drives you to read more for him or her
,yes you will know a lot..its a magical world this online ,love ,relation or simply friendship
I really loved your writing ,very thoughtful and gives you reason to think more about
what you may see while staying online for hours..
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I know there are many who doubt it can happen because people lie bout who they are but as you said they do that in flesh and blood as well. So as long as two people meet who are honest it can really happen in cyber space too. It is still two people with feelings behind the screen. In fact I think a great thing bout online is two people can get to know one another well without the sexual tension. Of coarse the draw back can be long distance but if love is strong and real there is always a way. Very poetically put my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Cupid can shoot those arrows even through cyber-space. Can it really happen? I would assume that if each told of their faults, hopes and dreams, there may be a real possibility. Stranger things have occurred in life. People have fallen in love with a voice on the phone. On a site like this you get to know a lot of people through what they write. The poem above is beautiful. "Through our flesh we have never met..E-mails help us build our bond so true........Reasoning some may pretend.......Omit their faults, as you can't see their face." You seem to have taken a few things into account. So this virtual "blind date" may be just part of this thing called love. Many a soldier met his wife through a letter written or christmas card sent to say we support you and are thinking about you. If both are truly sincere and proceed with caution, maybe you can forge a life-long bond. True that "eyes can also lie". Love is risky visual or virtual. Great writing. As with all your works, I thoroughly enjoyed your words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2505 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 27, 2009
Last Updated on August 10, 2009

Author

Ellen Hammond
Ellen Hammond

Saint John, N.B., Bay of Fundy , Canada



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poet in Prison Poet in Prison

A Story by Rain


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason