Broken Reflection

Broken Reflection

A Story by [~.*.~] Sherri Blossom [~.*.~]
"

A short 'in the moment' story detailing the struggle of a girl as she prepares to take her life and destroy the monster in the mirror that haunted her...

"

 

Within my heart there lies a bullet. It kills me slowly, my heart bleeding out lost childhood memories, friendship, love, leaving only a deep abyss of sorrow and hatred...

One shot, was all I wanted, to make the vision a reality. Everything else was of no concern to me now. I only stared blankly at my aim, the gun in my hands. One shot, was all I needed. For awhile I stood wondering if I should. My once beautiful but now scarred with pain face was being washed in tears and sweat. My hands were shaking immensely and my breath was getting short. I just wanted to end it.

I raised the deadly object in my hands frighteningly. One shot, I could end it so easily. My tears started to fall upon the item and I began wondering why someone hadn't done this to me yet.

I sighed and aimed it.

One shot.

Between the eyes.

And everything shatters.

Everything around me faded slowly, my heart filled with mixed emotions. I ended it. I destroyed her. The ugly beast. Slowly I walked out of the room, ignoring the pieces of shattered glass. My reflection can't bother me anymore.

© 2008 [~.*.~] Sherri Blossom [~.*.~]


Author's Note

[~.*.~] Sherri Blossom [~.*.~]
Long story short: The girl was in a fire, it ruined her face, now she didn't follow the laws of 'skin deep beauty' and was ready to kill herself until right at the last minute - hoorah! - she changes her mind. I won gold for this in a mini story contest on another website, enjoy. :/

The picture is from somebody on Photobucket.com XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this, wow tesse you have gotten really good. I am impressed!! Keep them coming.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful, sad writing Sherr. Keep it up and let's see what you roll out next. ^_^

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, it creates a different story if you look at it as just that short thing..:) but then if that is an excerpt or something from the whole story, then it's a whole different thing altogether..:) i like..:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2008
Last Updated on July 20, 2008

Author

[~.*.~] Sherri Blossom [~.*.~]
[~.*.~] Sherri Blossom [~.*.~]

Jamaica



About
~-*-*-~WElcomE To My L@ir~-*-*-~ Hometown: Jamaica Future Career: Cartoonist (?) Favourite reads: (Fiction) horror/suspense, fantasy, adventure, romance Favourite writes: fantasy, adventure, romanc.. more..

Writing