Africa

Africa

A Story by Ellie Luck
"

I've always wanted to go to Africa.

"
Ever since I was young and I was watching animal planet, I had a strict sense of culture from people in other countries who hosted our favorite animal planet television show hosts. I was in love with Africa because of the wild life there, and also because of some characteristics I could make from the people and their culture's: how they danced and how they played their music on natural instruments and rather than showing it all off on a stage in front of everybody, they all played together and it was in circle... in a tribe. We learned in school that African people could be watching television and working in buildings if they lived in a city, and yet, we were all surprised to find out that there were still tribes of people living without electricity, celebrating natural elements of nature and the life, and having a completely different sense of fashion. 
I also really loved "Dobby" from the television show, "Eliza Thornberry," who was a wild child in Africa and adopted into a nature channel filmographer, I just really like the scene of traveling African safaris and enjoying the natural side of life. 
I'm sure after all I've learned in school and seen in documentaries and on animal planet, I still have a lot to learn about the reality of African culture today and their lives throughout the nations on the continent-- especially how they vary from place to place and from one city to the next and between countries. 
What do you learn about in school when you are learning from your reading and how to write? When it comes to teaching English, I believe that there are a lot of serious and important messages we can be teaching to students across the globe. People can be taking in a lot of important values and learning some really important facts from their texts and it's important for them to learn how to evaluate the language that is being spoken to them directly and the texts they have available to be read: it guides us throughout our lives to have the profound power of knowledge granted to us by language and our abilities to share. 
When we share, we become powerful because we are known for having wisdom and being caring and considerate, and when we travel, we can show and share in a way that is even better. 

© 2016 Ellie Luck


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on October 24, 2016
Last Updated on October 24, 2016

Author

Ellie Luck
Ellie Luck

Twister Town, CA



About
I'm a publisher. more..

Writing
The Keys The Keys

A Story by Ellie Luck


Clear Clear

A Poem by Ellie Luck