thinking out loud

thinking out loud

A Story by Emily B

I've been wandering lost and uninspired for a couple of years now. I joked that my words went away when John did but I'm starting to realize that it is more than that.

 

An old teacher asked about my volume of poetry and I picked it up and read it before mailing it to her. On every page was a different face. Inspired didn't come from within. It came from a community. My voice is my own and finding it saved my life. But I'm not sure I would have ever found it without the poets and novelists that I met here.

 

I can remember being a beacon for artists. They would come to me with a fledgling, shaky little idea and by the time they left me it was full grown and ready to take on the world. I could feel their excitement. My being present seemed to make things possible. I miss that. Especially since the inspiration flowed both ways. I was better for it.

 

My internet situation has been shaky at best the past two years. I have to remedy that. I have to make time to write. Even if it is just something like this. I need to start reading again. There are so many undiscovered poets that I haven't met yet.

 

Part of the reason I pulled away was self-preservation. That's a story for another day. But everything in me says that I have to step forward and light that beacon again. For my own sake. I will find time to be here every week. Looking forward to it.

© 2015 Emily B


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

For whatever reason, hiatus comes to every writer at some stage. I went through such a period when my son was born. He perfect in every way, my relationship far less so and I wrote hardly at all for some time.

Ultimately though, all those thoughts and ideas spinning around in the mind, become impossible to ignore and we begin to write again. It's simply what we do, what we have to do; and I for one would have it no other way.

Thank you for thinking out loud. Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amen & Amen. I can personally attest to the encouraging warmth that your "light" has been to me these many years - glad to hear that the bushels hold no claim to it any longer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Welcome home, and please stay as long as you like.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have one of the clearest and finest voices here. I always look forward to reading what you produce. Some people were just born to write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily B

8 Years Ago

i thought it was a talent or a craft - it is just part of the conversation and i have been exluding .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

679 Views
13 Reviews
Added on October 3, 2015
Last Updated on October 3, 2015

Author

Emily B
Emily B

Richmond, KY



About
to the Lost Boys I am no Wendy; but my voice brings you back to me. And you sit around my feet, anxious for a story or a kiss. Listening to my words spinning adventures, like so much g.. more..

Writing
Old bones Old bones

A Poem by Emily B


Memories Memories

A Poem by Emily B