I Dont Care

I Dont Care

A Poem by Emily

Why should I listen to what they say?

 

It doesnt matter anyway.

 

Why should I care what they think?

 

Do they care that they pushed me to the brink?

 

Why should I care if they laughed?

 

You think I would stop living in the past.

 

Why should I care if they turned my friends against me?

 

We probably wouldn't have stayed friends anyway.

 

I Dont care what they say!

I Dont care if they laughed!

I Dont care what they think!

 

Ive convinced them of that.

By laughing it off.

By not letting it show.

Ive convinced them that I dont care.

Now I just wish I could convince me.

© 2010 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is nice--and I can definitely identify with it. The rhythm of it is very good, too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ima
good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. Very lyrical. Straightforward and heartfelt.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is nice. I really like it. I agree with most of it. I really stopped caring what people say. Sometimes it is still hurts.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Poem is very strong. You are wise not to show disappointment to other people. Would make the people more happy. Your poem tells a good story. I like the set-up of the poem. Made words that needed to stand out. Ending is true. But we have few friends in a life. Don't need to worry about the downers in a life. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


I know the feeling. Love the way text gets smaller and smaller towards the, end really shows you shrinking back into yourself. Where poetry is concerened I am terribly picky though, which is hypocritical since I am not that brilliant myself, but you repeat anyway and "you think i would stop living in the past" and "We probably wouldn't have stayed friends anyway" do not ryhme with the lines above. They might not be supposed to but you set up the pattern with the first two so it's slightly jarring. Other than that great poem and keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Emily
Emily

NY



About
I just realized that I haven't updated my about me in two years. A lot can and has happened in those two years. I am now twenty years old. I haven't gotten through college yet but I plan to. Unfortuna.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Emily


Night Musings Night Musings

A Story by Emily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Prison My Prison

A Chapter by ashley