The great road of life

The great road of life

A Story by EmpressPoetess
"

Entry in Alberts-Poetry-Cafe-A-Different-TEN-with-Tovli

"

At sunset, I sometimes sit in the meadow atop a mound of soft green grass and watch the trains and planes speed by.

Watching train passengers’ board and exit as they kiss someone special “hello” or “good-bye”.

 

They scurry to and fro through the underground railway, on that great road of life.

  So many lives, seemingly going nowhere fast, caught up in this game of living.

 It gave me the opportunity to reflect on what time really means and where it goes. 

We invent so many practical things to assure a better life, but what of a longer life?

 

As for happiness, will we ever find the perfect formula to make it last?

We put so much energy, love and devotion into our relationships.

  But, the time we have is so short; there exists no guarantee our hellos will last forever.

 Because unforeseen occurrences befall us all, there is always a “Good-bye” at the end.

 

© 2011 EmpressPoetess


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very contemplative, I like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2011
Last Updated on January 6, 2011
Tags: contest, life, ten, sunset, green, direction

Author

EmpressPoetess
EmpressPoetess

Dallas, TX



About
A single mom of 4 adult kids. I love to write, mostly romance poetry, but I do dabble in different areas of poetry. I just write what I feel about life. I also write short stories. I live In Dalla.. more..

Writing