Last Call

Last Call

A Story by Bryan Wolford
"

A mysterious man enters a bar and all hell breaks loose.

"

I should have known he was trouble as soon as he walked in. He walked right up to the bar and ordered a drink without even looking at me. I mean I am fairly attractive. Skinny waist, 34C breasts, and shoulder length blonde hair. I could get just about anyone to f**k me. Yeah I said 'f**k me.' Maybe working at this bar for this long has made my vocabulary a little less than lady like. But the point is people were trying to get me into bed all the time. You'd be surprised how many of them were female. That being said you might not be surprised how many of the females I took up on that offer.
But the guy that came in didn't even glance at me. And I had the girls working for me tonight too. The shirt was extra low cut. The cleavage looked great. I had been horny. Last time I had sex was two nights before. Some business man. I'm sure he had a wife at home. He wanted to do all kinds of kinky stuff. Of course I was all for it. The guy that was ignoring me looked like he could f**k me something serious. Broad shoulder, brooding look about him, and that leather jacket. The only thing I wasn't into was the hair. It was dyed blonde. And I mean blonde. Almost white. But again it's not like I was interested in f*****g his hair.
    He made his way to the bar and ordered a scotch on the rocks. The whole time he was looking around the bar as if he was looking for someone. He never seemed to find them. After I put the drink in front of him I leaned forward with my arms pushing my breasts higher up making them look fuller. He didn't even blink as he scanned the room.
    "Meeting someone?" I asked him. I kept waiting for hom to look at me so I could bat my eyes at him. That always got me laid. This guy just turned his back to me while he looked around.
    "Not really. Just getting the feel of the place." He walked away and began to look at the other patrons. There weren't many. Just a few regulars and only a handful of people I hadn't seen before tonight. There was a table of four guys that looked like they were in a college fraternity. Lily was sitting on the lap of one of them. She was one of the waitresses. Seemed like she would be scoring tonight. But in my experiences the younger guys never seemed to be experienced enough for me. So I let Lily take on that crowd.
    My guy looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties. I still couln't fathom why he had dyed his hair that blonde. He was now sitting in the back corner looking at the whole room. Dan, the other bartender, came through the swinging door that led to the store room. I pointed out my mystery man to him.
    "What's the deal with him?" I asked as I nodded.
    "No clue. Never seen him before. He giving you trouble?" I smiled at Dan.
    "I wish." He laughed and went back to the store room to get another case of beer. It was at this point I saw Lily get up off her frat boy and head into the back after Dan. When she was out of sight, the mystery man got up and walked to the table of young men. He leaned over and said something to them. I couldn't really hear what he said, but the boys looked shocked and immediately got up apologizing. They left quickly. Didn't even leave a tip on the table.
    I was starting to get a little concerned about what his motive was. He was lucky Dan was in the back as he would have been pissed that this guy was chasing away business.
    Next he looked up at the couple that were standing next to the jukebox. The woman I hadn't seen before. the guy was in here at least every other night. He must have been trying to pick this girl up. I could tell something was about to happen that he wasn't going to like. Mystery Man went up to them and said something. Again it was to far away for me to hear. The guy didn't look to happy as most of his speech was to the woman. She just looked back at him like he has just slapped her.
    "I'm not going anywhere!" At this point my man dropped his drink and punched the guy in the face. The guy went sprawling on the floor. Mystery Man grabbed the woman by her arms and pushed her out the front door. As he turned back around he pulled a sharpened piece of wood out of his jacket. A stake.
    "Alright. Now that I have all the innocents out of the way I can do what I came here to do." The guy he had laid out now sat up. His face was contorted as his forehead now jutted out and a pair of fangs escaped his mouth. "I was told by one of your friends that this was a popular hunting ground for your kind. I'm here to clean it up."
    We had all been had. The guy I had deemed 'very fuckable' was here to kill us all. The man on the floor lept up and ran at our killer. With fluid movements of an expert assassin he staked the first of us. The man who up will a minute ago thought that he was getting laid and fed now exploded into a cloud of dust.
    Two other guys at the bar vamped out and ran at the blonde warrior. He threw the stake in his hand and caught one of them in the chest. Another cloud of dust sprayed into the air. Before the first stake even left his hand he reached into his sleeve and pulled out another. The second vamp tried to dodge the attack when the stake was thrust forward but was grabbed around the neck and killed with a second thrust.
    I heard the swinging door behind me swing open violently. Dan and Lily jumped onto the bar and then into the air. Without a wasted movement blondy kicked a chair off the floor and it met Lily with a crash. Lily fell to the floor in a heap among wood splinters. As soon as Dan got within distance he was grabbed and thrown to the floor. Immediately Dan was dusted. Lily was already up and attempted to get by our killer to the front door. With a flick of the wrist a stake entered her back and then clattered to the floor among the dust. He stood calmly and turned to look at me.
    "Why didn't you try to attack me or run?" he asked.
    "Would it have mattered?" I asked back.
    "Not really." he said as he walked towards me. "Just makes my job easier."
    So here I am cowering under the bar as he comes to stake me. The thud above me tells me my time is up. I sure got fucked tonight. That's for sure. I should have known he was trouble as soon as he walked in.

© 2008 Bryan Wolford


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
Added on May 20, 2008

Author

Bryan Wolford
Bryan Wolford

Peoria, IL



About
Horror writer out of Illinois trying to get his motivation going. more..

Writing
The Loch The Loch

A Story by Bryan Wolford


Empathy Empathy

A Story by Bryan Wolford