Damned

Damned

A Poem by astoundinglyattractive
"

a poem about the christian beliefs

"
I've read your bible, and seen your temples-
yet there are things I cannot understand.
How is it that you are all so cheerful?
Why do you wish for your church to expand?
Is it true? Do you think that you will reach
Heaven's doors? That your god will let you in?
For that's what I've heard the men in robes preach-
are you blind? It's but tales that these men spin.
I've sat in your pews and heard your sermons-
and it is all so obvious to me!
All souls are damned to hell, to perdition-
not some god's sweet, perfect, eternity!
I've read your bible and seen your temples- 
Hell's for Man. Heaven was made for Angels.

© 2013 astoundinglyattractive


Author's Note

astoundinglyattractive
This is just the way I see it. I have more to say but sonnets are hard as fuck to write, so I think I'll put something else up later, too.

No offense to anyone religious. This is just my personal interpretation. I don't get life after death, at all, really. It's so unplausible and childish and silly to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Im glad you are strong in your opinion it is very good to have your own view on things! Very well written and i feel it represents a lot of what people believe about God. To me as a Christian i find it hard to communicate to people that God doesn't hate us. For this suffering we face now is not of him, God is the only one trying to ease the suffering, but because of our many mistakes and our nature this earth does not welcome us.
A view of Christianity is that going to church and living a great life is what will allow us to enter through the gates, but rather simply believing is what gets us there. John 3:16 "for God so loves the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." I know by looking back at my past life that i would not make it if Heaven depended on good works. It is with deepest regret and agony that i know i am not a person of even close perfection. God offers us a free gift. All that matters is whether we choose to accept it or not.
I wish not to disrespect your opinion and i hope nothing said was offensive in any way. For by me forcing something on you is not something that God wants us to do to each other. Everything is by free will and free will has been given and will never be taken away.
Most respectfully, your friend from Liverpool
Brielle Cartny


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: Christianity, Heaven, Hell, God, Devil, Satan, Religion, Ramblings, Bible

Author

astoundinglyattractive
astoundinglyattractive

Six Feet Under, OH



About
Name: Elisa Age: 16 Gender: Female Height: 5'6" Country: America Sexuality: I like to consider myself a freelancer. Personality: I used to have one, but I think I lost it somewhere. I enjoy: d.. more..

Writing