Confessions of a control-freak

Confessions of a control-freak

A Story by Fidha
"

My confession

"

A born-leader. The dominant type. Those are some of the sugar-coated versions of THE Control freak. A control freak is someone who feels a compulsive desire to exert control over situations and people.

Scene 1: watching late night debate on TV.

There is a heated discussion between some night owls and early birds concerning the right period for sleep. A knowledgeable doctor props up and declares the time period between 9:00 pm to 5:00 am is the best time for an adult to sleep. The control freak watches with widened eyes and makes a mental note to follow the above mentioned time.

- waking up at 4:45 am the next day.

Instead of getting up from the bed or even snoozing the alarm for a while, the control freaks starts fretting for the disobedience on the part of the body clock. Fifteen minutes to go! And so our dear control freak-whom I am going to refer hereafter by the initials CF- lies in bed with closed eyes until the alarm officially declares it is five in the morning. She gets up with apparent surprise and goes about with the day.

Scene 2: takes the scooter to college.

The traffic signal turns red and our CF along with a horde of uncommonly common civilians stay put. A loud honking is heard and our CF finds a handsome guy waving at her direction. This guy asks our CF the correct route to a certain bank. Imaginary trumpets are blown and two imaginary little angels fold our CF’s imaginary collars up.  The CF obliges the gentleman with the address and her heart does a somersault.

-Handsome guy tries to overtake CF

This guy came to CF for help. So technically, the CF should lead the way, right? The CF with all her might overtakes the handsome guy (ala Boman Irani style in Three Idiots movie) and even shows him a goofy face. Ingratitude is something that does not go easily with the CF.

Scene 3: gets late for class after the recess

The CF starts running to class, only to find the class empty. PHEW! Our CF takes her phone to check if her nose or ears fell away whilst she’d been running. The phone glares back with her face with something amiss. Oh.God.

- CF has lost all her beauty in one tiny earring

CF decides she looks ugly without earring and starts her sleuth for the missing ear-jumping earring. Not being able to find it, she decides to look uglier and throws away the one earring she has. The CF is notorious for the all-or- nothing theorizing!

Scene 4: professor assigns a group work

While everyone is concerned about who their group members will be, our CF is not a bit tensed for whoever it be, they will get it wrong.

-     - Seeks to help out group members  

      CF can be really sweet sometimes. She offers help to her fellow group members, and ends up doing all their works. So group work has been one BIG individual work. And guess what, the professor really liked the work!

      Scene 5: At a social gathering

     CF is not too fond of parties. Unlike in class, she is very quiet here. When others point it out she just shrugs and says “I am not much of a party-animal”. But guess what she is?

       -A judge who judges too quick 

      Miss.X is wearing such revealing clothes! Mr.Y is secretly taking photos.  Oh! Oh! Oh! Parties are for losers, winners party differently (like reading a book or choosing which book to read next).

 

     This doesn’t mean the CF is a mean person. What shall I say, they have an alternative world-view altogether! For instance, there is a specific pitch to address a superior (who is usually another CF) and a right amount of pressure to be exerted while walking barefoot. Another form of perfectionism, Control Freaks often do not realize it themselves. The author of this article believes she is being gracious by confessing herself as a Control Freak- if and only if others are ready to follow suit!!!


© 2017 Fidha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on February 20, 2017
Last Updated on February 20, 2017

Author

Fidha
Fidha

Writing
Civic Sense Civic Sense

A Story by Fidha


The crisis The crisis

A Poem by Fidha