The tower that topples

The tower that topples

A Story by Fin Buckley
"

"The words come back to you then, you can taste them in the back of your throat, it reminds you of bile."

"

You’re there again, in your dreams, floating thousands of feet above the surface and staring down at your bedroom. Only it’s not your bedroom; it’s the room of someone else, a you that dreams of safety and comfort, a you that isn’t you, anymore. You watch this bedroom that’s yours but isn’t crumble and crack, folding in on itself before toppling over. You watch the you that isn’t you cry, crumpled and creased like a piece of paper, shaking ever so lightly. You watch this figure fade, blown away like ash in the breeze, a bitter aroma reaching your nose even from here.


The tower rebuilds itself, stone and glass floating back into place like rain falling in reverse, gentle yet with a conviction that could drown even the tallest mountains. The words come back to you then, you can taste them in the back of your throat, it reminds you of bile.


I expected better from you. Take it apart and put it back together again, make it better.” The words leave your lips before you can even process them, and suddenly you’re down there, watching your bedroom teeter and fall, a tower of security and home broken to millions of pieces. You falter, tears on your face as you curl around yourself and shake, a version of you that isn’t you watching from above.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


Author's Note

Fin Buckley
Inspired by this image: http://8bitfiction.com/post/164225643040

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on August 22, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2017
Tags: story, prose, ?

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley