Wanderlust

Wanderlust

A Story by ~
"

Not a story it's more of my personal opinion

"
  I think this is very important to put out to the public, I wanted to talk about travel hence the title being "Wanderlust" (a strong desire to travel) in today's economy people are stressed with family, bills, jobs, etc. but rarely people take the time out of their busy lives to take a second to sit back and be grateful for everything life has handed them. I personally think that if more people were to take the time out to travel they'd be so much more grateful for what they have; they'd be more fulfilled with their lives. There is so much more out there, and to stay within your comforts will limit you. Don't you remember your guardian or even just a friend telling you never be afraid of taking chances? If we are faced with an entire planet, why just remain in one place your entire life.  If there is no major reason as to why you won’t go out and explore, then I almost see that as a waste of life. By seeing different cultures, people, food, emotions, governments, pain, or just life in general through another’s eye. You gain a knowledge that won’t be available unless you make that jump into the unknown. Sometimes having no set outcome can be the best thing a person can get. I honestly think it takes people to have a near death experience to start appreciating life and start fulfilling those dreams they've had when they were just five. You might think "I have my whole life ahead of me I can travel when I am retired," but in that case you're wrong. I live by the quote "Live everyday like it's your last," God forbid something happens to you in the next month, year, or even day you will regret the things you should have done. I am 16 years old and I am so eager to graduate high school, go to college and live life on my own. Think of life as an open canvas you can paint anything you want only if you put your mind to it. The funny thing is I am making this seem so easy, of course I know most people are in debt and can’t even afford dinner for the night (over exaggerating) but I'm not saying you need to spend $10,000 on a trip to Paris, maybe something in a price range of getting on that dusty bike you haven't used in 10+ years and go explore your town or find a trail. I wouldn't really call that traveling but at least you're making an attempt and that's all that matters. Don't be that 90 year old laying in a hospital, that 49 year old thinking their life is ending because they're turning 50, or that 27 year old that is wasting their life stuck in a business building wishing that you've could of done this and that. It is never too late to do anything so stop wishing and start doing.

© 2012 ~


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire your attitude, it's too bad we don't carry more people like you in our crumbling society. I agree, although not a story, what you write is true and genuine. I wish I had that mindset when I was 16. Fine writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very true

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012
Tags: Life, Teen, adventure, chances, world, travel, wanderlust, traveling, blog

Author

~
~

New york, NY



About
carefree living more..

Writing
Dark Times Dark Times

A Story by ~